“Lovely Decor and excellent housekeeping staff” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Blacksburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Harrisburg, NC USA
“Lovely Decor and excellent housekeeping staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The new decor is lovely, the rooms have many shelves in the bathrooms, the entertainment centers in the rooms are very nice and the housekeeping staff were all very friendly and efficient. The location could not be more convenient to the University.

Room Tip: The rooms that open to the pool courtyard are very nice.
Green Features: I agree with their suggestions for guests to reuse towels and conserve energy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HIGM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Blacksburg!

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was very happy with my stay here. I have literally never encountered a friendlier housekeeping staff anywhere! They were extremely considerate of my time during my stay and very polite and understanding when I ended up asking them repeatedly to come back to clean the room at another time (I was in town for a wedding and had a hectic schedule that kept changing).

I spoke with Rhonda Cooper, Director of Sales, before staying at this Holiday Inn and she sold me on this location over the The Inn at Virginia Tech or the more affordable Red Carpet Inn nearby, and I am extremely happy that she did. The location is extremely convenient to everything and every single staff member I encountered was very nice and very helpful. I will definitely stay again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: No elevator to the second level so if you aren't traveling light, try for the first floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
HIGM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hi Susan, Thank you so much for taking the time to let us all know how happy you were with your recent stay with us. We are so glad you chose to stay with us! We hope to see you again the next time you are in town.
Pembroke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Thank you for making our recent IAAP Event a special one. Not only was the event space set up early so that we could decorate it to our liking, it was arranged nicely and not crowded. The servers for the event were extremely courteous and very attentive. This made for a very nice and special event. Oh, and the food; it was EXCELLENT! Have attended several meals/meetings there and have yet to have one that wasn't to my liking. As a member of Virginia Tech and the Blacksburg community, I plan to book all our special events at your location. It's a pleasure to work with a staff that is very accommodating and very friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HIGM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. We are delighted you enjoyed your event and look forward to serving you in the future!
Statesboro, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Spent 4 nights at this hotel to attend a meeting on the VT campus. It was clearn, quiet, and comfortable, despite the presence of another large group meeting at the hotel. Had I not seen this group having dinner on the lawn, I wouldn't have known they were there. Staff were courteous and very helpful, even shipping me three shirts that I had inadvertently left in the dresser drawers. Breakfast buffet was standard fare: good but not particularly memorable. Room rate was very competitive, and proximity to VT campus is a real advantage. Would certainly stay there again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HIGM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are delighted your business trip brought you to us! The biggest compliment is that you would stay with us again and recommend our hotel. We hope your travels bring you back soon!
Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I don't know the names of the staff - didn't really look at their name plates but all were very attentive and courteous. I really enjoy having our meetings there. The food is always exceptional and plentiful. Restrooms are clean and well stocked. The bar area was nice - a few of us socialized there prior to the meeting and both bartenders were courteous and pleasant. I enjoyed their service. One young lady is new and did a wonderful job. the other bartender was most gracious in assisting the new lady.
I always have a good time there!!! Wish I could eat there more often!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We love serving the IAAP! We are pleased to read that you had such a great meeting with us and we thank you for sharing your comments. We hope to serve you again soon!
Narrows, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I just attended a meeting at this hotel. The accomodations were very clean. The tables settings were perfect. The entire waitstaff was very friendly and pleasant. The food was incredible; the seasonings were very well balanced. The entire atmosphere made our meeting comfortable and just perfect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent meeting at our hotel. I am glad you were able to enjoy our food, waitstaff, and atmosphere. I hope our success continues and you will attend future meetings at our hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I love this hotel! The staff is friendly. The rooms are well appointed and spacious. Comfortable beds, huge TVs, granite furniture tops, nice. Convenient to everything especially anything Tech related. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and recommending our hotel! We are so happy you love staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg? Share your experiences!