“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Blacksburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I was visiting family and decided to stay at this hotel. Ashley was very helpful and even gave me great ideas of what to do while I was there. I wouldddefinitely stay here again. The service was great and my room was very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012
HIGM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
We are so glad Ashley was able to help you while you were visiting Blacksburg. Thank you for your compliments. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Ashley helped meso much during my stay that I wil return again..she was so patience with meand answered all of my questions. Ashley gave me directions to the mall and she even took time out to make sure that I could understand them.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your positive experience and recognizing Ashley. We hope to see you back soon!
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at Holiday Inn University while visiting Radford University with our daughter. We had a suite and it was great! The rooms were very clean and spacious. Having the kitchen was a plus. The bathroom was updated and with plenty of room. I'm sure we will be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hi Lynn, Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel suites. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Blacksburg.
Alexandria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here with family members for a wedding. We were given a room on the second floor. This was inconvenient as they do not have an elevator and we had a hard time getting our luggage and cooler up the stairs. This was even worse for my elderly parents to navigate all weekend long. When another family member complained about my parent’s situation, the staff did offer to move them to the first floor room but they had already settled in and unpacked. I think the staff should have been proactive and realized the situation at check in.
They did not have a robe hook in the bathroom. I never knew how important this simple thing is until I stayed in this hotel without one. They do not double sheet their beds. If you have read any of my hotel reviews, you would know this is a big thing for me. You would also know that hotels with thin, un-insulated walls are totally unacceptable to me. The first night here was about the worst case I have ever experienced. The door that separated us from the adjoining room was so thin I could see the light from the next room and hear simple conversations from our neighbor. Even worse, the neighbor has the TV on all night long. It woke me up at 2am, 4am and 7am. This is the reason why I will never stay at this hotel again.
Good points about this hotel: plenty of easily accessible electrical outlets for charging phones and setting up the ironing board. The mini-frig was very convenient and welcomed in our room. They offered free internet service.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room that doesn't have an ajoining room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HIGM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and your candid response allows us to address guest concerns. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We will share your comments with our team. We hope you enjoyed your visit to Blacksburg and will consider staying with us again in the future.
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Rooms were clean, up-to-date, t.v. was really nice, beds super comfortable, room and bath had granite counter tops and the service was great. Employees at the Inn were readily available whenever needed. Used conference space which always in good condition set up int eh right way. Overall a great relaxing experience. Only bad thing was internet was catch and go sometimes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HIGM1, General Manager at Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive experience. We are thrilled you enjoyed our service and rooms. Thank you for choosing our hotel and hope to see you back soon!
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

First, the staff working at the Holiday Inn are both incredibly helpful and nice. I had an extended stay for business and they made the experience for me. The rooms were clean, up-to-date, t.v. was a large flat screen, beds super soft, room and bath had nice granite counter tops and an area for getting ready. Had all of the amenities I could of asked for! Used conference space which was large enough to fit a large group of people, and everything was set up the right way when I arrived every morning and afternoon. Had the option to stay at any hotel in Blacksburg, and keep coming back to this one. Overall a great relaxing experience and I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi Lily, Thank you for your wonderful comments about our team and amenities. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Blacksburg.
Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Awesome front desk service, conference room was really clean and always in good condition. Rooms were clean and great tv with HBO and showtime movies for free. Overall really comfortable stay and good service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are so glad you had a great stay! Thank you for taking your time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We look forward to you staying with us again when you are in Blacksburg.

Been to Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg? Share your experiences!