We were attending a basketball game at VT and chose this hotel because of its location and price. From the outside it was just ok but I was very pleased with our room. It was totally remodeled with hanging flat screen TV, granite countertops in the room and bath, awesome mattresses and was super clean. The staff was very pleasant and accomodating. The hotel was much larger than it appeared and you park outside of each side of the building not in one main, large lot. It is located VERY near VT and there is a shopping area on the street behind it with a grocery store, Rite Aid, Panera, and a few other places to eat.
If it pertains to you, the hotel is only 2 floors high and there is NOT an elevator in the hotel. You must carry your belongings up the steps.
If we ever have a reason to come back to the area, we would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that Blacksburg has to offer at the 100% smoke-free, convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn University. You are at the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, shopping, dining, entertainment and the arts. You are within easy walking distance to Virginia Tech. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg Hotel Blacksburg
- Holiday Inn Blacksburg
- Blacksburg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg Virginia