Beautiful exterior landscaping except for tennis court area- too bad the interior doesn't match. Strange layouts with a little hidey-hole area near front desk area with it's own little sitting area and musty carpeted stairwell. Rooms were not ready until late in the afternoon after usual check in time. They need more housekeepers. Front desk staff were helpful and did change room after we complained outdoor muzak being heard in our room. Furnishings were dark and dated with a particularly bad stretch of ugly tan carpet separating the hotel rooms from the conference, dining and bar area. Attended a wedding rehearsal dinner; the staff and room decor were fine but unfortunately food quality was not. The bar area was lively with offers of free drinks and popcorn. Does have a guest laundry, tiny exercise room and large indoor/outdoor pool. Great location right across the street from Va Tech- don't miss the small but beautiful (in summer) horticultural garden with a Frank Lloyd Wright Wood Nymph statue in it. The hotel is also within walking distance to restaurants like Panera and McAdoo's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover all that Blacksburg has to offer at the 100% smoke-free, convenient, comfortable Holiday Inn University. You are at the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, shopping, dining, entertainment and the arts. You are within easy walking distance to Virginia Tech. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg Hotel Blacksburg
- Holiday Inn Blacksburg
- Blacksburg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn University-Blacksburg Virginia