“Very good place.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Blacksburg
Gastonia, North Carolina, United States
“Very good place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Nice hotel very friendly staff. Room was clean and everything in place. Breakfast was small but did have a hot breakfast. Eggs sausage biscuits and gravy as well as the other main stays. Dining was in a small room but not a problem. The only problem was something I needed which was a fast internet. This don't concern most people. The internet was so slow less then 1mbs. Could not do any of my work and get it uploaded at this speed. Over all good hotel to stay at if internet is not needed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed here while I was interviewing at Virginia Tech (VCOM) for grad school - they offered free airport pick up/drop off, a free shuttle to my interview, and also a discounted rate since I was coming into town for the interview.

The staff is EXTREMELY friendly! The rooms are really clean and they also have a free breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Blacksburg.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask about their free shuttle service!
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

A pleasure to stay in this comfort inn due to the fantastic staff. We were in Blacksburg to take our sick dog to the VA Tech vet hospital. This was a very stressful situation and the staff did everything they could to accomodate our requests. When we departed, we had left our dog's medications in the room and they mailed them back to us promptly. The property was well kept, the free breakfast was plentiful and had a wide range of items both hot and cold. Everyone from the cleaning crew to the front desk was friendly and had great suggestions to help make our stay most comfortable. We will stay here again and highly recommend it to others.

Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

I love to stay at the comfort inn mainly because they are pet friendly. My dog has seziures and cannot be left alone. It has been very helpful to stay when me and my daughter travels. Location is great, workers are always nice, price is just right. I plan on returning.

• Stayed February 2014
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We travel here for a few days every 2-3 months. We enjoy staying here. The staff is wonderful, helpful and always smiling. Breakfast is great, the rooms are comfortable, and the rates are good. I will continue staying here when traveling back in forth from Virginia Beach to Blacksburg.

Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

This was not one of the hotels we blocked for our wedding guests in June, but we had some overflow that chose to stay there. The hotel worked with our guests and everyone was satisfied. They made our guests happy so we were happy!

• Stayed June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here during a visit to our son in the middle of the week, who attends Virginia Tech. I must say, I was impressed. It didn't start as well as it ended. We checked in on a Friday, around 7 pm or so. The girl at the front desk at the time was mediocre, nice enough, but just did her job and sent us on our merry way. Once we got to our room, we were pleased with the view of the mountains and the condition of the room. It smelled nice and the king bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was sparkling!! The pictures in the frames were a little outdated, however, it didn't take away from the cleanliness or overall satisfaction of the room. The morning after we arrived, we went downstairs to the lobby and dining area, which was a LITTLE SMALL, however.... the food was prepared wonderfully. They served FRESH biscuits, sausage, eggs, bagels, pastries, cereal, etc.... all together a wonderful selection. Something for everyone!! And I have to say, the young lady attending to the breakfast, I believe she said her name what Christen, was to say the LEAST, exceptional. She made our morning. Upon checkout that morning, everything was quick and easy. The other young lady at the desk, Tiffany, was extremely pleasant, and made sure that we left with peace of mind and a desire to return. And as far as the staff in general, although we didn't have AS MUCH interaction with the others as we did with the two young ladies the morning we checked out, they were very helpful and accommodating. Our housekeeper made sure we had everything we needed to make our stay comfortable and relaxing. I'll tell you... we didn't have to worry about a thing. We certainly didn't expect such extraordinary customer service!!! The entire staff was great, but our experience with Tiffany and Christen topped all other hotel stays alone. I recommend them and this hotel 100%!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the mountain side of the hotel make for a beautiful sunrise!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Blacksburg Comfort Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!