“great find in Blacksburg if you have a student at VT” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Blacksburg
“great find in Blacksburg if you have a student at VT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had to take our dogs with us this time to visit our daughter at Blacksburg. I was leery of this hotel with no pet fee but we were pleasantly surprised. It is a very nice hotel. Clean, quiet , comfortable.... and no pet fee! Amazing! I would stay here again anytime... also the price was good. $80 AAA rate. The king bed was super comfortable...

Room Tip: We had a mountain view room....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ron A, General Manager at The Blacksburg Comfort Inn Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Flossgloss,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are proud to be able to provide clean, comfortable pet friendly rooms at no extra charge. It's not only convenient but it allows you to keep your entire family together which certainly includes our pets.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again the next time you visit Virginia Tech.

Ron Alcorn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lexington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our room had just been completely renovated. The person at the front desk seemed to take pride in the place, and greeted us with a smile. Pets are welcome, and there is convenient green space to exercise animals. Unlike most hotels today, Comfort Inn Blacksburg does not charge a pet fee! Bravo! The one and only negative was a very cramped, poorly laid out breakfast area. Can you think of a place you've stayed at recently where you had to ask someone where the coffee was in the breakfast room?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ron A, General Manager at The Blacksburg Comfort Inn Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear BillyBatson,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments and kind words about our rooms. Our entire staff works hard to make sure our guests enjoy clean comfortable rooms with each visit.
Please accept my apologies for the issues you had with our breakfast area. When the hotel is at a very high occupancy it can get crowded in the breakfast area. However, thanks to your comments we have taken measures to have our pool patio area and nearby meeting room available during busy times so you can enjoy your breakfast with plenty of space. Customer service means everything to us so thanks again for helping us improve our property.

Ron Alcorn
Hillsborough, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I have stopped here twice in 2013 on our trips to see the grandkids in South Carolina. The rooms are always clean and the check in is super fast. We usually get in late so we are not concerned so much about the offerings in the area. Just using it for a night's sleep to continue on our way the next day. Breakfast is the usual free buffet that most of these types of hotels offer, but it's good enough to get us on the road as we like to get moving early in the morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
South Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

When staying at the hotel, I encountered several issues that could have created a nightmare trip. The staff at Comfort Inn Blacksburg stepped up and went above and beyond to assist and adjust to my needs. I was especially glad Eva and Stacy were able to help. They did an outstanding job. Two weeks later I had to return to Blacksburg and I again stayed at the Comfort Inn Blacksburg. And again I was treated to just what great service really is. I have stayed at 5 star resorts and not received the quality service I was given while at this hotel. Manager Ron Alcorn is to be commended for a staff that is second to none. Clean, pleasant and there to help when you find yourself away from home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Definitely not the best choice for a campus visit but the VTech campus is so big that even perching on the edge might not have been convenient. Besides, if you are visiting admissions they will give you a parking pass good for most spaces on campus.

Hotel looks better outside than inside. Very tired finishes. I was given a weird large room with a king Murphy bed (really?) on the top floor after the first room they sent me to was still unmade or perhaps occupied. Strange loud snapping noise from behind the bathroom wall but I wasn't going to move again. Not all the lamps worked but the view over the parking lot and past the distant freeway to the mountains was lovely. Also enjoyed watching some feral cats playing in the snow outside. Wildlife!

Breakfast was juice, pastries, sausage and biscuit, plus boiled eggs and yogurt cups. Small eating area but it wasn't full. My son was on campus else he might have gotten our money's worth out of that array of food. Coffee, hot chocolate and fresh fruit available at all hours. I had an apple when I checked in at 3pm. Crisp and juicy.

Staff was friendly for the most part. Well, one out of two ain't bad!

Room Tip: Ask to face away from Main St. if you want my described view. But it is over the pool (not an issue...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Wintergreen, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Room was great, with a good view of the mountains. My son and I were visiting VT, and the hotel manager gave us great advice on where to go to find the most interesting parts of Blacksburg. If my son decides to go to school here, this will be the spot to stay when we visit.

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Spent one night at the comfort inn in Blacksburg and found the hotel very nice. It was clean and the staff was friendly. Breakfast compared favorably with this class of hotel. Definitely had a very good experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Blacksburg Comfort Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!