“Not too shabby...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Blacksburg
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not too shabby...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel while visit my son at VA Tech. The hotel is conveniently located right between the University and Christiansburg so it was easy to get to the school and to restaurants and shopping centers.
The all of the staff I came into contact with were very friendly and helpful. The rooms as well as the rest of the hotel seemed very clean. The breakfast was nice and had a lot of variety, including biscuits and gravy, waffles, eggs, yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, fresh fruit and more. I thought the rate I paid was very reasonable.
Most importantly, this hotel was pet friendly and had a nice area for walking pets adjacent to the back parking lot. I have stayed in several of the hotels in and around Blacksburg, and for the money, this one was pretty nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I arrived late at night, tired and the woman behind the reception was too, I think. She was correct but not friendly. The next day, I was surprised to find two women warm and accommodating. They quickly found a technician who could help me (the in-room safe broke down), they offered the breakfast area for me to work in, they made sure coffee was available. I had the impression they really went out of their way to make my stay pleasant.
The hotel itself is out of town but on a major highway. All the rooms are big and have everything you need, but not in abundance (soap, shampoo, etc.). Avoid the rooms with windows on the parking lot, if you can. The external lamps are strong and even with the curtains, the light comes through. The breakfast, while cheap, is mediocre. If you're on the run, then why not, otherwise have a cup of coffee and head downtown.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel while we were without power. We stayed several nights and had a wonderful experience. The staff was wonderful! Very clean and Loved the breakfast the next morning. I would like to thank Ron Alcorn, I personally talked to him and he made sure everything was just right for my family and I. Thanks again for the wonderful hotel and being so kind while we were dealing with a power outage at home.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Pulaski, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

During a time which I had to be out of town, the weather took a turn for the worst. My daughter had to leave our home to go somewhere for a couple of nights. The Comfort Inn in Blacksburg was there to help her out, they even took our pet Mandy (west highland terrier) too. Anyone travling with their pets can't go wrong staying here, clean rooms, great staff and good food. Thx to everyone they where safe and Happy!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

During a recent snowstorm, many homes were without power for several days. The Comfort Inn Blacksburg worked diligently to provide rooms at a special rate for those that needed a temporary home. There was no hassle in making the reservation and the check-out rules were completely flexible. All they asked was that you informed them when your power came on so they could get the room ready for someone else. In our instance we were not able to check out until 5:00 p.m. yet there was no charge for being so late. Great to see a hotel and its staff really working to do the right thing for folks rather than worrying about the bottom line!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

The room was clean. It had a microwave, refrigerator, the wifi was good, and the breakfast was generous. My dog was happy. My home lost power and my dog and I went there at 5am. The front desk was very welcoming. Everyone was cheerful. This is perhaps the only pet friendly hotel in town. I've stayed at other Comfort Inns and been satisfied as well. Reasonably priced, not a bargain, but I think it's worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Peterstown WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in October and was well surprised. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The Hotel was very quiet and the staff were professionals. I will have no problem staying here in the future. Great Job!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Blacksburg Comfort Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!