“4* hotel for 3* price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Blacksburg
Waynesboro, Virginia
“4* hotel for 3* price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed at the Comfort Inn this past weekend for a 3 day swim meet and was very pleasently surprised. Well appointed rooms, mountain view, extremely quiet, good breakfast, nice attentive staff. Everything you would expect from a 4 star hotel but for a 3 star price. Easy access on/off 460 bypass, no complaints at all other than no fitness center.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Rockville, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Neat as a pin. Beds were fine. Large, flat screen TV with cable. Free WiFi. Room size was adequate. Breakfast was of broader than Continental, but the eggs were prefabbed. Otherwise, the breakfast was good too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel earlier this summer for three nights and were very happy with our stay. Nice breakfast bar in the morning and it was a quiet hotel.

Our only complaint was that the room we booked was previously a smoking room (just recently changed to non-smoking) and the air freshener that housekeeping sprayed was not so pleasant. (I don't handle perfumey fragrances all that well.) Other than that, we will definitely stay here again when visiting family in Blacksburg.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We just recently stayed at this hotel when we were touring Virginia Tech with our daughter. The location is very conveniently located just across the highway from the campus, the rooms are very clean and nicely decorated, plus they are ideal for a family with 2 double beds and a pull out sofa. We also loved having the free breakfast in the a.m. that offered fresh waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, boiled eggs, oatmeal, etc. Of particular note was how friendly the staff was. Everyone was extremely courteous and nice, and went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying our stay. One particular gentleman named Juan, who was working in the breakfast area the morning we checked out, went way above and beyond. First, he said a big "Good morning... have a good day!" when we came off the elevator, and then while we ate breakfast, he asked us several times if we needed anything and to let him know if there was anything that would make our breakfast more enjoyable. We will definitely stay there again if our daughter winds up going there.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are about the same. We stayed on the 2nd floor and thought it might be loud...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Massanutten, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

True Southern Hospitality greets you the moment you cross the threshold. Eva, the front desk gal and Manager Ron went above and beyond to welcome me (and my infirmed dog) to a quiet and comfortable stay after spending hours at Virginia Tech's animal hospital.

The staff I encountered were all very cordial and accommodating, the complimentary breakfast bar had a broad selection of food to select from (fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, pastries, cereal, hot waffles, etc.), and my stay was exceptional.

Thank you Blacksburg Comfort Inn Hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Ocean, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My family and I have children at VT so this place was close and convenient and for the first one or two times that we stayed there over the past year, it was adequate. Then we booked our room as usual for one trip and found the room to be dirty. There was a pile of dirt on the ledge of the shower and none of the lights would work in the room. To get the lamp on the table where the TV was to work, you had to unplug the movie service from the TV to use that plug. When I complained to management through a letter, I was comped for a 2 night stay with the promise that it would be better. Guess what? It was ten times worse. We were sure that this time, the room would be beautiful, they would check it out first right? Wrong!! This time, there was a huge streak in the mirror of the bedroom that you could write your name in (I did)...and when you opened the curtain to let in the sun, there was a spider web there that must have taken a year to build. The bathroom was not too clean either and the rugs never looked freshly vacuumed.All I can think of when I see dirt everywhere is.. "hmmm I wonder if this bed is clean". I don't ask alot from a hotel chain except that it be CLEAN and this one was clearly not. I swore off of that Hotel and we haven't stayed there since.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Blacksburg hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I visited our daughter at college for Fall Weekend and were lucky to get this hotel since the places I usually stay at were long since booked. I was somewhat surprised by how they seemed to update the rooms with new mattresses, flat screen TV's and everything seemed neat and clean. Still using bedspreads which is sort of gross by today's standards, but they seemed clean and didn't bother me at all. The bathroom seemed updated also and quite adequate, even had some luxury soaps in a cute little packet.

The location, while further out of the town than we usually like, is still quite convenient and it only takes minutes to get into the town of Blacksburg or to get to campus. We came for homecoming weekend and our first football game so I expected a full house. The breakfast lounge was never crowded and they offered a nice selection of the usual fare, cereal, waffle maker, yogurt, fruit, and even a hot buffet where you could make sausage & egg biscuits . One morning they had bacon! I do not eat any wheat products and was able to eat the warm hard-boiled eggs they served every morning, in addition to bacon or sausage. There is coffee or tea out for guests all-day long which we appreciated. After breakfast hours,we asked where the hot water was and the girl at the desk told us to open the louvered doors which they semi-close after breakfast hours. We liked going down to get tea at night!

My main complaints were the paper-thin walls. I am a light sleeper and could hear EVERYTHING the people next door were saying at 1:00 a.m when they came in. They were not being rowdy or loud, it was just normal conversation. Don't know how the hotel could rectify this situation, but I dealt with it over 3 nights. Even my husband who is a heavy sleeper admitted he could hear the people next door. Also, we were on the side of the parking lot and there are high-voltage lights aimed right at our wall which made the light come through our curtains. I ended up putting my running shoe on the curtain, propped against the wall, to keep the gap from forming and this seemed to help with the light coming in. I like it dark when I sleep!

Overall, I felt our first night was a terrific value, but the next two nights, they scapled us because it was a football weekend. The first night ( a Thursday) was $89.00, and the second two nights were over $200 a night.....really? That is a too high! Felt they were gouging us to make money off the football people and while they deserve to make money, that was excessive in my book. I would stay there again, though for the comfort and convenience.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the parking lot side if you don't want a light shining in on your room at night!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blacksburg
Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg
4.5 of 5 stars 166 reviews
Courtyard by Marriott Blacksburg
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg

Been to The Blacksburg Comfort Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!