“A standard hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 9 hotels in Blacksburg
italy
“A standard hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is a standard Comfort Inn Hotel, not elegant, however comfortable. We did not like the fact than when we came, despite the confirmation, we did not get the king size bed room we had reserved for, neither the mountain view, that was one of the options. The answer from the reception was that they did not get our request, that I doubt about.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Danville, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed in the Blacksburg Comfort inn on 6/16/12. On this trip was my wife and 2 children. We checked in, and immediately asked what was the hours of the pool. We were told 8 am to 11 pm.
We went shopping and spent time with family in the area. We came back to the hotel at 10 pm so the kids would have an hour of swim time before going to bed. To our amazement, the pool was already closed. We called the front desk and was alerted that the pool closed at 10 pm.
The kids were very disapointed that they could not swim. Had we known the correct hours, we would have been back for them to swim at the correct time.

So we go into our hotel room to turn on tv. There is nothing working but HBO. We kept getting an internet page before calling the front desk again. The lady said" The TV is out, we have the cable company coming over". so therefore we had no TV for the night.

The next morning we turned on the tv again, and still no TV. I wento to the front desk, and asked the lady, she said "It probably would not be fixed until monday, the cable people were here until 1 am". I then asked her to speak to a manager, she said I would have to call back monday, because management works weekdays....
I then asked her about an adjustment, because did she expect me to pay $110. (including tax) for this? she said the best she was allowed to do was 10%, if I felt more was needed I needed to call back on monday.

What a way to run a hotel. To me the busiest time of a hotel is on the weekends, and no management is available???

so i still had to pay 100. (with tax) to have my kids disapointed with no pool or TV.

I just think that the management of this hotel should be made aware what is happening to its guests on the weekend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

You get pretty much exactly what you'd expect from a budget travelers' hotel. You get: a room that's decent size and clean; TV that works and has some basic cable; plenty of hot water in the shower; and a breakfast with weak coffee, miscellaneous cereal, and a waffle machine. We checked in really late and the desk staff were polite. The place accepts cats without any special fees or problems, too, which was a plus for us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Harrisonburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I got what I paid for. Checking in...I'm in the middle of the process and suddenly the manager on duty feels the need to discuss a previous check in issue with my desk clerk. I almost said that I'd return when they were done. Room was...okay. Wife and me in one bed, son in the other. Sheets would not stay on the bed (either bed), either night. Seemed clean and housekeeping did a good job with the room. It was a busy weekend and our attempt to eat breakfast here was abandoned after visiting the dining area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hillsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Our 4-H club stayed here and at check in they went the extra mile to help us. The hotel was clean and the people very nice and helpful. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

My husband and I have spent numerous times at the Comfort Inn in Blacksburg since they first opened. On average a minimum of 2 to 3 nights every other month. We have not once had a bad stay. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are clean and well kept. Coming from me, that's saying a lot because the one thing I insist on is a clean bathroom! Every single staff member whom I've had the pleasure of meeting,from hotel manager, cleaning staff, front desk associates are friendly, courteous and treat us like family. Every time we go back we are greeted like relatives coming home for a visit and to us it's like going home every time. So, if you're ever in that area of southwest VA and looking for a place to stay, try the Comfort Inn in Blacksburg. It is COMFORT.

Room Tip: I always request a room on the first floor because I'm closer to exits and soda/snack machines...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Stayed here one night for a basketball game at Virginia Tech. Room furnishings were somewhat dated but the room itself was very clean. Exceptionally friendly staff. Would advise travellers to bring their own pillows as the pillows provided were literally flat with no poofiness to them whatsoever. Hair dryer did not work unless you kept the 'on' button pressed in which was somewhat awkward to do while trying to dry and style your hair (this was reported to the front desk upon our departure shortly afterwards).

Room Tip: Rooms on the mountain view side are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Blacksburg Comfort Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!