“Great for traveling with pets!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Blacksburg
Houston, Texas
“Great for traveling with pets!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

My husband and I were visiting Blacksburg before Christmas and needed a pet friendly place. This hotel was the perfect choice. No crazy extra fee that some places charge; and there is actually an area out back to walk your dog with bags and trash cans. The room we stayed in wasn't fancy (things were old), but was clean and quiet. All in all I felt this place was an excellent value. I have to think that many visitors to Blacksburg will appreciate this place! The only down side to this hotel is that is not really within walking distance to downtown/campus area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Greenbelt, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Of all of the hotels that I have stayed in for my son's athletic competitions, I can honestly say that I have never written a review. I traveled with my son's athletic team during January 2012. We were all very satisfied with the hotel property from before our arrival until our departure. Ron, the hotel manager, was extremely professional and very welcoming. The woman at the front desk at check in was a bit unfriendly, but not to where we thought we needed to complain. We were able to arrange for an early check-in in order to accommodate our athletic schedule; and our rooms were ready when we arrived. The rooms were exceptionally neat and clean; and it was evident that they had been thoroughly cleaned in preparation for guests.
The housekeeping staff must have really taken their time to make sure that all of the guests could have clean rooms. The one thing that I would change about the hotel room would be for the TVs to be updated. The hotel was renovated quite recently; however, the TVs and the elevator did not appear to be. These two are not significant enough for me to not return.
Andrew, the overnight desk clerk, was such a knowledgeable resource. He was very friendly and accommodating as well.
Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. The Comfort Inn Blacksburg is a fabulous (very clean) place to stay with a great price and value. Our team will definitely be staying here on all of our Blacksburg trips.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

We do not usually write reviews but due to the Comfort Inn's service and attitude we had too! My wife and I had to vacate for some home remodeling and didn't want to invade family and friends. We have a dog who is a rescue and has major separation issues and with the construcrion was already stressed. We found that the local Comfort Inn was pet friendly and only a half mile away so we thought for three or four days why not. It was almost enjoyable, the staff went way over the norm to assist, the Manager and front desk where understanding and friendly taking time to explain the pet policy and without being asked a room very close to an exit to make walking the dog as easy as possible. After I soke to the maid on the firsr day and specifycally told her not to try to get very hair off the floor everyday. The carpet was dark and although she doesn't shed much has light fur. Each day there we came back to a room that looked as if there had not been anyone in it let alone a dog. The morning breakfeast was a real treat, with great choices and a very helpul and friendly staff. Ok it would have been nice to have four draws in the dresser instead of two very deep ones. If you have to look that hard to find something you don't like it is a great place and for the price even better!

Our thanks to all the staff, we greatly appreciate all you did to make the situation as comfortable and enjoyable as it could possible have been.

Room Tip: A high room on the back would have a great view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Traveled down from Ohio in November to visit family. The hotel is very clean and located in an excellent location. Breakfast was great and free.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Nasty trip down I81 (is there any other sort?) to collect the boy from Virginia Tech for the winter break. Naturally, it was the same day as the Winter Commencement ceremony so Blacksburg was like Bethlehem and we needed a room. The Comfort Inn is a nice surprise. Unlike the Christiansburg motels (except for the excellent value Quality Inn) which are generally basic and grim, Comfort Inn Blacksburg is a gem. CLEAN!!! Everything was spotless, dust-free and gleaming. The heating worked and was controllable, the TV had a good selection of stations (although I couldn't find the Diet with Jesus program I once found down there. The before and after stories were truly miraculous.) The breakfast bar offered everything and in copious quantities. And it's located 30 steps from a Mexican restaurant and bar. All in all a very good find.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Bluefield VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

My wife had surgery at the Blacksburg hospital which meant I would be staying nearby for at least three days. We found Comfort Inn right across the highway from the hospital; they gave discounts for people who had someone at the hospital ; AND I could bring my little dog with me. The rooms were clean, a hot breakfast each morning, and I am my little cocker spaniel were welcome.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Marshall Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

My wife and I drove from Texas up to VA to visit her family early in November 2011. We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Blacksburg VA. The facility was very clean and the service was excellent. We enjoyed the hot breakfast that came with the price of the room and could not believe how tasty the food was. We travel all over the country and have stayed in every type of hotel from the a hotel 6 up to some five star hotels and I have to say that the cost/service ratio was excellent at this hotel. The young lady who checked us in and out (Amber) was very nice and helpful. The lady who serviced the breakfast area (Barbara) was equally as nice and ready to help with anything we asked for. I will recommend this hotel to anyone going into the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blacksburg
Hilton Garden Inn Blacksburg
#5 of 8 in Blacksburg
4.5 of 5 stars 156 reviews
Courtyard by Marriott Blacksburg
Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg

Been to The Blacksburg Comfort Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!