“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Blacksburg
cincinnati
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Traveled down from Ohio in November to visit family. The hotel is very clean and located in an excellent location. Breakfast was great and free.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Nasty trip down I81 (is there any other sort?) to collect the boy from Virginia Tech for the winter break. Naturally, it was the same day as the Winter Commencement ceremony so Blacksburg was like Bethlehem and we needed a room. The Comfort Inn is a nice surprise. Unlike the Christiansburg motels (except for the excellent value Quality Inn) which are generally basic and grim, Comfort Inn Blacksburg is a gem. CLEAN!!! Everything was spotless, dust-free and gleaming. The heating worked and was controllable, the TV had a good selection of stations (although I couldn't find the Diet with Jesus program I once found down there. The before and after stories were truly miraculous.) The breakfast bar offered everything and in copious quantities. And it's located 30 steps from a Mexican restaurant and bar. All in all a very good find.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Bluefield VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

My wife had surgery at the Blacksburg hospital which meant I would be staying nearby for at least three days. We found Comfort Inn right across the highway from the hospital; they gave discounts for people who had someone at the hospital ; AND I could bring my little dog with me. The rooms were clean, a hot breakfast each morning, and I am my little cocker spaniel were welcome.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Marshall Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

My wife and I drove from Texas up to VA to visit her family early in November 2011. We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Blacksburg VA. The facility was very clean and the service was excellent. We enjoyed the hot breakfast that came with the price of the room and could not believe how tasty the food was. We travel all over the country and have stayed in every type of hotel from the a hotel 6 up to some five star hotels and I have to say that the cost/service ratio was excellent at this hotel. The young lady who checked us in and out (Amber) was very nice and helpful. The lady who serviced the breakfast area (Barbara) was equally as nice and ready to help with anything we asked for. I will recommend this hotel to anyone going into the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Londonderry, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed here for a VT football weekend. Our room was clean and what you would expect from a Comfort Inn. It is right on the border of Christianburg and Blacksburg, so it is not in walking distance to VT or downtown Blacksburg. They do not have a shuttle service to the game, but Fat Taxi worked out just fine.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

The Blacksburg Comfort Inn is not particularly fancy, but it is where I stay on my regular business visits to Virginia Tech. The staff is always friendly and flexible and the rooms, while not luxurious, are always clean and comfortable.

I once showed up around 11 pm having made my reservation earlier that day through hotels.com. Unfortunately, I had accidentally made my booking for the following month! The front desk honored my reservation rate and handled the change quickly. I was in my room in less than 5 minutes.

Having a location right between Blacksburg and Christiansburg offers lots of options for food and shopping. I'm not sure I would choose the property for a week long vacation, but it is a solid hotel for work travel or if you are in town for a Hokies game.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We had 24 rooms for all our friends and family. The service was great and rooms were all excellent. Everyone was complimentary of the free breakfast each morning. Our daughter and her new husband were given a wonderful suite at no charge for 2 nights before leaving on their honeymoon. It was just a great place to stay. Good work on the entire staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Blacksburg Comfort Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!