“The best visit I've had with my daughter at Va Tech!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Blacksburg
Roanoke, Virginia
“The best visit I've had with my daughter at Va Tech!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Genuine, friendly people staff this hotel. Being pet friendly too, I was able to bring our dog to visit my daughter, who is living in Blacksburg this summer for summer school. There was NO dog odor in any area of the hotel...even the wonderful, on site, Dog Park and clean up station. The hallways were beautiful and so luxurious underfoot. Our room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. ....Loved having all those comfy pillows on the bed! The pool area, which we took full advantage of, was well maintained and private.( I enjoyed my coffee out there every morning.) I travel frequently and have stayed in much more exspensive hotels that were not as guest oriented as this one. Congratulations to the new management and staff here. In my opinion, you are an asset to this community and a blessing to travelers.

Room Tip: The front desk suggested great local restaurants.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We arrived late on a Friday evening at this Comfort Inn while on a long drive from Alabama to Pennsylvania. The initial appearance of the exterior of the hotel was one that was clean and structurally sound. Inside the lobby was well-maintained and the person in charge of the front desk was cheery and kind--even though it was the middle of the night and he must have been exhausted. We went to our room, taking the immaculate elevator to the fourth floor. One thing that impressed me immediately was the rug lining the hallway and how much care had clearly been taken to vacuum it, it was also immaculate that I felt someone could have been comfortable to lie down on it. Entering our room we found a lovely, clean space over-looking the town and blazing fast internet. We must have then called down to the front desk 5 times requesting toothpaste, late check-out and a couple of the other things that elude me at the moment, keep in mind it was probably close to 4am at this time. We were consistently treated with kindness, courtesy and respect by the front desk person. He even recommended "Gillies" for brunch and we whole-heartedly agree & appreciate this exquisite recommendation. The next morning we called in to request an even later check-out and were again met with an amicable yes. We were not easy customers, but they never let us know it. This is a great place to stay and you will be happy you chose it. After getting a sound night's sleep here, you can drive a couple minutes into town and enjoy all the other treasures of Blacksburg including the Virginia Tech campus and "Gilllies" restaurant (fantastic for brunch!). Also, it was mentioned to me that the hotel is under new management. I don't know what the previous management was like, but the new management is clearly doing a great job. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I liked our fourth floor room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Parsippany, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Dingy. Bathroom needed to be swept. Furniture in room was scratched and dated. After I slept all night, i turned over a bed pillow and found some driedf, smeared blood. Rooms are "non-smoking" in the entire hotel but the 1st floor hall smelled smokey. The double bed kept slipping off the boxspring. After you check in, you walk thru these double doors - thought I was entering the kitchen. Needs to be updated. I thought Comfort Inns were a step above SLeep Inn and Quality Inn. Not this one. Skip this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

The hotel is fine, what you would expect for a Comfort Inn. What we did not expect was to be woken up by barking dogs in 2 rooms both mornings. We didn't even realize pets were allowed, so just beware if you have allergies or like to sleep past 7.

• Stayed May 2010
Com4tinn, General Manager at The Blacksburg Comfort Inn Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback. Like many other Comfort Inn locations we are a pet friendly hotel. We attempt to keep all pets on the first floor; since you have allergies in the future please request an upper floor and we will be happy to accommodate you. Also, should pet noise ever become a problem we would certainly honor a room change request.

Thanks again for your comments. We hope you will stay with us again so we may accommodate you properly and make your stay a more enjoyable one.
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

The rooms could have been cleaner (we found a shoe -- not ours -- and a giant Lego -- not ours either -- under a bed while looking for our dog's toy) but I loved the staff, the breakfast and the access this hotel provided at a great price. Also, we had our dog with us and felt so comfortable that there were other folks with their pets here too. It would have been nice to have a 'designated doggy area with pick-up bags' to assist us, but again, I loved the staff. PS: there was also a little ant problem, so we made sure not to bring food in and cleaned up immediately after feeding our dog. Staff immediately asked if we wanted to switch rooms since they had not had other problems and wanted to tackle this immediately.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I am very glad that you found our staff and amenities to be comfortable and a great value. Pets are always welcome guests here and I apologize that you were not shown our designated pet area where we keep the pick up bags. We will continue to train our staff so that guests with pets do not have this problem in the future.

I would also like to apologize for the minor ant problem you mentioned. Our rooms are professionally inspected and treated on a regular basis to avoid such occurrences.

Thanks again for your feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

My son and I stayed at the Comfort Inn while visiting Virginia Tech. The people at the desk were very friendly, even before the actual visit, when I called to get directions to the hotel. The rooms were very comfortable. Four pillows were provided for each bed. The bathrooms were old but very clean. It looked as if the carpets in the hallway had just been replaced with thick Persian carpeting. Coffee, tea, and fruit were available 24/7 in the lobby area, and the breakkfast was more that adequate. Guests could use the computer in the lobby for free. In all, a very comfortable hotel with friendly staff; great value for the money.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Com4tinn, General Manager at The Blacksburg Comfort Inn Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2011
Thank you for your kind review and for staying with us here at the Comfort Inn Blacksburg. The Persian design carpeting you liked was part of the complete corridor renovation that we finished just recently.

Our business center has also been upgraded with a new computer and printing is always free. Guests are welcome to the free coffee and tea in the breakfast area, and we also provide free coffee in guest rooms for an even greater convenience.

Thanks again for your comments. We hope that your next stay with us will be soon and even more pleasant.
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I definitely do not recommend this hotel. It is in desperate need of rennovation - the carpets are filthy, the room I checked into smelled horrible, the bathrooms are dirty and the worst of all was that the sheets were dirty! The sheets were soiled and obviously had not been changed since the last guest. The front desk was extremely polite and apologetic but almost seemed unsurprised. She refunded my money in full since I did not stay the night and went to the Holiday Inn instead.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
I would like to sincerely apologize for the difficulty you had while visiting our property. Room cleanliness is a top priority here so I am not sure what happened. It is possible that the front desk assigned a room to you that was marked as clean and ready for use when in fact it was not.

Our cleaning procedure requires that linens be changed on a daily basis if requested and are always changed once a guest has checked out. We have recently upgraded our carpeting and regularly deep clean each guest room and restroom. We will continue to work with our staff to make sure this doesn't happen again.

I appreciate your feedback and truly hope you will consider us again in the future.

Been to The Blacksburg Comfort Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!