“Surprised by a disappointing evening” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Berryville, Virginia
“Surprised by a disappointing evening”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I have had many meals at this usually above average restaurant. Tonight, while hoping to have a birthday celebration for my friend, turned into a big disappointment. It started out with a very inexperienced and somewhat inept waitress. Three times, she stepped on my foot. She took over ten minutes to tell me they had no sweet vermouth to make a Manhattan. She told us it was her first week, that in my mind is no excuse. They did not have any of the entre I wanted left. It was just after 6:00 pm. I ended up having several appetizers my friend had the trout. The "Beet" carpaccio was good, but I was expecting "Beef", shame on me. The usually good French onion soup was bland and tasteless. My friends trout was okay. I had called and left a message saying it was a birthday celebration. I reaffirmed that when I was called to confirm my reservations. They made no notice of my request for a special dessert , even though the day before the woman said they would. We skipped dessert and just paid our bill. I will not be going back soon.

Visited November 2013

Maryland
“Delicious and cozy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My husband and I stopped for lunch on a recent weekday and found it absolutely delightful! We were greeted immediately and seated by a roaring fire -- perfect and cozy for a cold day. I ordered the BTI BLT, which was absolutely delicious and unique . . . I savored every bite. Our meals were so delicious we were talked into dessert: a warm mocha cake with ice cream. The service was professional but friendly and our lunch went by all too fast. I loved the atmosphere and history of the building, and the town of Berryville itself is very charming. Will definitely be back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“getting better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

BTI continues to get better and better. The roasted locally grown chicken with dumplings and caramelized carrots was nearly divine, the fish quesadillas are yummy, and Christine's not too sweet pumpkin cheesecake was outstanding. The ambiance is warm and inviting, and the food consistent and delicious.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Event Venue-Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I decided that between family issues and crossing friend lines a neutral atmosphere was necessary for my sisters baby shower. Between Christine(amazing owner and event planner) and Sarah (cutest most professional server ever) we pulled off an amazing event. My NOVA friends were astonished at what an amazing and reasonable event we pulled off!! Was a great day. You could ask these ladies for anything under any parameters and they will make it work....love me some battletown!!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Fine dining in downtown Berryville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The Battletown Inn offers an excellent menu - I always enjoy the crab cake salad for lunch. The patio is a fun place to meet friends and enjoy good music!

Visited August 2013