“They Do Everything Right” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“They Do Everything Right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This place is a curiosity. It is almost literally in the middle of nowhere. It sits on the main drag in Berryville, VA, which is one of those towns that is about three blocks long. The town as a whole seems to have fallen on hard times. That's what makes the Battletown Inn such a curiosity - because given its location, it would be surprising to find a restaurant serving very high-quality food thoughtfully prepared, accompanied by excellent service. Yet, that's exactly what this restaurant dishes up. My wife and I have been there three times over the last 18 months (if we were locals it would definitely be more often.) Each time, we have immensely enjoyed the experience.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Berryville, Virginia
“Great anniversary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Since it was snowing, we decided to stay close to home. We have lived in town for 3 years and this was the first time we had eaten here. We didn't have reservations, but didn't need any as we ate fairly early on a Friday evening.

We started off with the seafood quesedilla which was very good. Next we got the BTI Steak and Fries. It was the BEST steak I have had in years. Very, very tender! Then we shared a dessert which obviously didn't make a big impression as I can't remember what it was (except it had ice cream on top).

The wait staff was very friendly and attentive.

The only really disappointing thing was the servings were small. I actually left there hungry and that doesn't happen often. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 for this reason. But overall I was very happy and plan to go back.

• Visited December 2012
Havre de Grace, Maryland
“This place has really good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I had dinner and stayed the night at the inn and the food was very good. The portions are small but the food was well made and it had great flavor. On the Fall menu I had the deviled eggs (appetizer), they were wondeful and the steak (also just perfect) and my husband had the organic chicken (special of the day), also fantastic. For dessert my we split the pecan and bourbon tart- fantastic. When in the area I would eat there again. The atmosphere is great too, very warm and inviting.

• Visited October 2012
Homedale, Idaho
“Dinner for two”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had reservations for Friday Night. The very nice waiter told me that the first appetizer I ordered from the menu was not available because it was out of season. The Fried Green Tomatoes (3) with cheese and ham on them were a little greasy. For an entree I ordered the Crab Cakes. There were three and they were delicious. They were even better after I ordered cocktail sauce to go with them rather than the Romalafe that came with them.

Visited October 2012
Maryland, US
“Fine Dining, Remotely.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We ate at the Battletown Inn and we absolutely loved it. The service was friendly and fantastic. The food was fabulous. The atmosphere was unique and inviting. It was such a surprise since it is very remote. If we ever make our way back to Berryville (or close enough) we would definitely go back.

• Visited October 2012