“Lots of Charm Off the Beaten Path” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Manor House Tea at Rosemont Manor.

Manor House Tea at Rosemont Manor.
16 Rosemont Manor Lane, Berryville, VA 22611
Cuisines: Tea Room
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Vienna, Virginia
“Lots of Charm Off the Beaten Path”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Some of the best tea I have ever had! Food was fine. This historic house is owned privately and the family is passionate about the place. It has been restored recently and beautifully. The service was great. This place is "in the middle of nowhere," but a lovely ride once you get out to the country.
The actual tea comes from a local shop/maker, and is fantastic. Unique blends.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Frederick, MD
“Historic estate with lots of charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My mom and I attended afternoon tea this weekend and had a lovely time. We were immediately greeted by a friendly staff who was very attentive to our needs. The owner is clearly passionate about his work in restoring this estate to its original majesty. He conducted our tour since the general manager was meeting with a bridal couple. There's great history on the property and we enjoyed meeting the owner's young son who shared a number of Civil War artifacts. The tea and food were delicious. We also had an opportunity to meet the chef, who earned her cooking chops on millionaires' yachts. I wish this place had been available when I was looking for wedding venues! We were given a gift certificate to return for overnight accommodations and I thought this was a nice touch to bring back repeat business. I hope to return at some point in the near future.

• Visited August 2012
Winchester, Virginia
“Amazing Day!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

You begin a journey back in time upon arriving at Rosemont Manor. The sweet smell of boxwood greets you as your scroll to the carriage house for check in of the house tour and afternoon tea. We were greeted by a young man dressed in a suit and tie offering a "fizzy" to relax by while watching wedding photos and historical figures once present at Rosemont. After check in you are escorted by the owner to the main house for a house tour. My friend got caught in traffic coming from DC so we missed the before tea house tour and went straight to the tea but were promised, several times, an"after tea tour". The offering of tea, sandwich bites and sweets were elegant and tasty! The chef was introduce and talked about the fusion of fresh mint herbs used for the mint custard (OMG- TDF)! The service as impressive as the decor and landscape. The owner has done his home work offering historical information as well tidbits on owning this incredible Virginia historical property. There is a genuine down to earth appeal of this family and the service they and the staff are offering. There was no presure and guests are encouraged to walk the property and enjoy the wonderful peace Rosemont is. I never would have guessed such a treasure lie in my own backyard. Kudos to the owners for taking that leap of faith and investing in a remarkable part of Virginia history but better yet, representing "service" the old fashion way - one person at a time. I love this place and look forward to booking a room stay for my anniversary.

• Visited July 2012
Springfield, Virginia
“"Not worth the money"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Property is good and charming situated in sceenic area of Shenandoah valley but their 'Tea 'was just average

Visited November 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Rosemont Manor is the perfect place for a tea with special friends.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

My friends and I had afternoon tea at Rosemont last Sunday. From the minute we entered the beautiful manor house we were welcomed with true southern hospitality and felt very special. We enjoyed the short tour giving the history of the home and property, and were delighted with the service, specialty blended teas, sandwiches, scones and sweets. We are thrilled that Rosemont has opened to the public after 200 years as a private residence.

• Visited March 2012