“Rosemont Manor where American history meets southern grace and charm.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rosemont Manor

Special Deal
Passes to Local Wineries
Ranked #2 of 8 Berryville B&B and Inns
Federalsburg Maryland
“Rosemont Manor where American history meets southern grace and charm.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Rosemont Manor is a historical cultural icon where American history dwells. Here is where you can walk in the same halls where some of the most influential American Presidents walked. I could almost feel the presence of Franklin D Roosevelt, Richard Nixon, and John F Kennedy as I strolled Rosemont's halls. The grounds of Rosemont were expansive and beautiful. The architectural beauty beyond description. The morning breakfast was outstanding and everyone at Rosemont made me feel special.

• Stayed October 2012
RMInnkeeper, Owner at Rosemont Manor, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your gracious review. We are always pleased to hear that our guests have truly embraced the rich history which surrounds Rosemont. From its inception as a wedding present from the first high sheriff of Clarke County for his bride, to the Civil War battle fought on the grounds, to the Byrd Family and their distinguished Presidential and influential guests, Rosemont really is brimming with over 200 years of history.

We are so glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay and a delicious breakfast as well! Thank you again for your kind words and we hope that you'll be back to see us again soon.

156 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Rosemont was the first venue my husband and I looked at when we got engaged and we didn't even bother looking anywhere else. Our meeting took 30 minutes of walking around the venue, meeting the amazing staff and being awed by all of the elegance that surrounds you in Rosemont.

Our original wedding date was set for December, but due to my husband's Father's health we had to move the wedding to March. Michael didn't hesitate when we told him we had to move the event 9 months earlier. He instantly helped us switch gears from a Christmas wedding to an early spring wedding. He kept us well within our budget and kept the goal in sight, the love for our family.

So now the day has come and gone and I will never forget the amazing wedding I got to share with my family. The day was so smooth from start to finish. As bride you anticipate chaos and stress, but at Rosemont they take care of you in EVERY way. Early in the morning all the ladies are enjoying champagne, muffins and strawberries while we get our hair and make-up done. Then we had a light lunch that my husband and I could create... literally anything we wanted. Then on to getting ready and the most memorable part..."The First Look." This is unique to Rosemont Manor weddings and I recommend every bride do this. I'll never forget how romantic it was and how it helped me ease my jitters.

The ceremony was breath taking with all of the flowers made by Michael our wedding planner. He truly is a Godsend. The officiate that Rosemont referred me to made our ceremony so personal and touching. Every vendor they refer you to, DO NOT HESITATE. They are worth the referral!

Every single person in my family and my husband's told us it was the best wedding they have ever been to. They said no only could they see the love, but they could feel it throughout the property. The romance of this location is palpable.

I'm going to name names so you know who to ask for when you go to Rosemont, because you WANT this gorgeous place to be your wedding venue. I promise you won't regret it. The names to ask for:

1) Michael Haymaker- He is THE wedding planner of the century. Anything and everything you dream of he will help you make it come true, while staying in your budget and keeping you in reality :-) He will treat you as if you are his own family and there is no experience and no other wedding planner you can compare this experience to.

2) Tona - Amazing chef who referred us to a local vineyard to pair their wines with our dinner perfectly. Delicious and a great experience for our guests!

3) Biff Genda- The owner did everything to make sure things were running smoothly. He called me to make sure I was happy with the service I was receiving and if there was anything I needed he gave me his cell phone. No other owners are ever as involved as Biff.

4) John Lyttle- Who made our wedding perfect. He is the best officiate with a great price!

5) Kerry and Cory- Who made my hair and make-up look angelic. All of my sisters and the mothers looked stunning. You two are amazing and SO sweet!

6) All of the staff who made my wedding perfect. The bartender, the servers, the workman who put together my chairs and pergola, the gardeners who keep the grounds perfect and the administrators who help you stay on target with your finances.

My husband and I intend to visit Rosemont every year to celebrate our anniversary and remember the perfect day to celebrate our love and made our family feel part of every minute. I'll never forget all of the heart and effort the Rosemont staff put into me and my husband.

Thank you so much for everything, there aren't enough words to explain how perfect everything was for us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RMInnkeeper, Owner at Rosemont Manor, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Katie,

Just as you feel there aren't enough words to say thank you, we feel the same way about you! We are so very appreciative to you for sharing your experience at Rosemont so that other brides, travellers, and tea guests can feel confident that they will receive great service and have a wonderful time at Rosemont.

It was our pleasure to host your beautiful wedding, and we are thrilled that you and your husband are already planning a visit for your anniversary.

And by the way, you are very kind to mention folks by name - your review brought smiles to many faces today.

Thanks again, Katie, for your gracious words and we wish you and your husband all the best in this new chapter of your lives!

crittenden,virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Just got back from a wonderful weekend at the Rosemont. The inn is in the town of berryville, va, a small charming town with many wineries within a 5 to 15 min ride. The inn is beautiful with mountain views all around. Our room was very pretty, we got to see some of the other rooms and all were different, and decorated very nice. They had a cheese and wine reception after check in, in the lobby, you could sit in the formal living room or the rocking chairs on the porch, to sit and enjoy the landscape. Breakfast was in the dinning room starting at 8: 30. The tables were set with white tables clothes, fine china, and fresh flowers. The breakfast started out with coffee, teas and juices, went to the first course of fruits and yogurts, and then on to the main course of eggs, meats and breads.The presentation of the food was all gourmet. They will even do a lunch basket for you if you would like to take it on your day trip. You have skyline drive close by, wineries, antiques, restaurants, horse racing, and casino all great for a day trip.
the perfect place for a get away.

Room Tip: I thought all rooms were nice, but one room had a balcony, and one room had a private porch what wou...
RMInnkeeper, Owner at Rosemont Manor, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Rosemont, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It sounds like you made the most of your time - enjoying Berryville and the surrounding attractions, as well as just relaxing at Rosemont and enjoying the peace and quiet.

We're also pleased that you enjoyed breakfast - our chef has travelled the world and is excited to offer delicious and unique selections to our guests. Her breakfasts are one of the reasons people say they come back to Rosemont!

Thank you again for your kind words, and we hope to see you at Rosemont again soon!

Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I treated my husband to an extended birthday weekend at the Rosemont. I was pleasantly surprised by the fresh and airy feel of the historical B&B. The staff was friendly and helpful; the facility was clean; the small town of Berryville is a little sleepy, Winchester, a bit larger is just a few minutes away. We went in February so not a lot of green, but I could tell that the grounds were taken care of. I loved the view of the land from the portico. The breakfast was ok. My husband and I are used to big hardy breakfasts characteristic in the south, that was not the case here. Other than the stink bugs that remained a constant in our suite, we were pleased with our accomodations. I guess we had so many of the critters because our room was right next to the front entrance. We stayed in the Roosevelt suite. It was very comfortable and we were happy about having a room thermostat which allowed us to adjust the heat as necessary. I can see why couples would use this site as a wedding venue. It is lovely. If you go, be aware that many of the local restaurants are closed on Sunday or close early. Our hosts recommended the Battletown Inn and the Berryville Grill. We missed both of those and ended up at Mario's Pizzaria. We were not pleased at all with our pizzas. We would love to revisit the Rosemont in the spring or summer.

RMInnkeeper, Owner at Rosemont Manor, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Rosemont for your overnight getway and thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the beauty of the manor and the surrounding grounds. We do apologize for those darned stink bugs - that weekend was unseasonably warm in the Shenandoah Valley and we ended up with some unwanted visitors making their way into the manor through some open windows.

We're glad you were able to explore both Berryville and nearby Winchester during your stay as well. We do hope you'll make a trip back to see us in the spring or summer when everything is in bloom.

Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This review is a bit overdue (friend's wedding in Sept '12). My boyfriend was one of the groomsmen in the wedding on this elegant property. The wedding couple rented out the whole property for the weekend. It was beautiful! Each party member received their own accommodations for the weekend. There were wonderful breakfasts each morning and the food was outstanding. The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. The views were amazing and the property so picturesque! I loved having the rehearsal dinner on their grand porch and a cocktail hour the evening after the wedding. There was plenty to be done during the day in the town of Berryville as well. Including a small town barber shop! The entire experience was amazing. Let me not forget the wonderful and courteous staff who was a great help throughout the entire stay. Very, very friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
RMInnkeeper, Owner at Rosemont Manor, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words -- it's never too late for a wonderful review like this one! We are so glad that you, your boyfriend, and your friends all enjoyed your weekend at Rosemont. Whether our guests are here for a wedding, an overnight getaway, or a manor house tea, we want their stay to be the ultimate in comfort and luxury. We are pleased to hear that you were able to experience the quaint, hometown feel of Berryville, as well as enjoying the 60 acre property at Rosemont and its views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Thank you again for your gracious review, and we hope to see you at Rosemont again soon -- for an overnight stay, a tea, or maybe someday for your own wedding!

Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Our daughter was a bridesmaid in a wedding at Rosemont Manor last spring, 2012 and she could not say enough about the beauty of this Estate in Berryville, Va. and the Inn. Well my husband and I decided to give it a try 1 1/2 from Washington, D.C. and arrived late Friday night, enjoyed a wonderful meal at Battletown Inn and then promptly got sick with the stomach virus for the rest of the weekend and never left my room for 48 hours. The staff, Suzanne, Bill and myraid others were so attentive to my sick bay needs over the weekend. They went of their way to serve and help me during my brief sickness. The view out of my window snowing and the lovely atmosphere of our room certainly helped me get better faster. We cannot wait to visit again and see more of the grounds, see some of the sights around town and visit the Vineyards. What a place to be sick but feel so very cared for! Almost like home!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RMInnkeeper, Owner at Rosemont Manor, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you so much for writing us such a wonderful review despite the less-than-ideal circumstances! We are sorry that you were not feeling well during your stay, but we are relieved to hear that we did everything we could to make you comfortable during your illness. It is always our goal to make our guests feel at home, yet with a little more pampering, so that desire is certainly amplified when someone is under the weather.

We do hope that you will come back again when you are feeling better so that you can fully enjoy the manor, 60 acre grounds, and the tourism opportunities of the surrounding area.

Thank you again for your kind words, and we are glad that you are back to good health!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently married at Rosemont Manor. Our guests included family and children. Our total number of wedding guests were fourteen adults and ten children. The manor provide an elegant but comfortable setting for our wedding. One could get a sense of the historical ambiance of Rosemont Manor by the overall decor. Each couple had their own room that included a bathtub or shower. A few rooms had balconies which could be used for an elegant night accompanied with wine and cheese. We rented the entire manor which allowed children to play in designated play areas and run through out the property. Rosemont provided meals has we requested. Chef Tona put together the most spectacular food arrangements one could ask for. She is a true artist and her passion for food was felt through the detail she put into every meal. Chef Tona also explained how each meal was perpared and the ingredients that went into the preperation. Overall we could have not ask for a more perfect wedding. The Rosemont staff did an amazing job preparing and executing our wedding. Rosemont would be a great place for family reunions and gatherings, business getaways, and small weddings. Whatever your occasion, we highly recommend Rosemont Manor.

• Stayed January 2013
RMInnkeeper, Owner at Rosemont Manor, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Congratulations on your recent wedding and thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! It was our pleasure to host you and your family for your special event. Rosemont was a private residence for nearly 200 years, and now as a wedding venue and B&B, it continues to be a place where family and good old fashioned southern hospitality are paramount.

Our new small wedding package offers an intimate, family-oriented option for couples looking for a meaningful event without all the bells and whistles. Providing the in-house catering (more like home cooking!) for these events is Chef Tona's passion, and really allows her to show off her many years of culinary expertise.

We are so grateful for your recommendation, and we really enjoyed meeting your wonderful family. We hope you'll come back and see us soon!

Owner

Been to Rosemont Manor? Share your experiences!