“The Battletown Inn supports local non-profit by giving back to the community” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Battletown Inn and Gray Ghost Tavern

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berryville
Battletown Inn and Gray Ghost Tavern
102 West Main Street, Berryville, VA 22611   |
Reston, Virginia
“The Battletown Inn supports local non-profit by giving back to the community”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

The Battletown Inn generously donated one weekend-night stay to the silent auction at Reston Interfaith's annual Embry Rucker Memorial Golf Tournament, the proceeds of which directly benefit northern Virginians in need by connecting them to vital resources. James Lynch, the propreitor, was a hoot & a gentleman. Based on his generosity and good natured sense of humor, as well as the beautiful historic inn itself, I would recommend The Battletown.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

My friends and I were driving through Berryville a couple weeks ago, when we spotted The Battletown Inn. Something about the large white historical look to the place seemed to intrigue us so we ventured inside. When we walked in, the architecture of the place gave us somewhat of an old world feel, yet comfortable, homey feel. The more we saw of The Battletown Inn, the more intrigued we were and once upstairs, the smell of unbelievably good food hit our noses. Never in my life have I had such delicious salmon with scallops. So juicy, so tender, so fresh!! My friends ate everything on their plates as well! Perfect portions, excellent service and waiter ,with a very attentive and hospitable host, Jim. Everything about The Battletown Inn was extremelly fantastic and we intend to tell everyone about our experience. We can't wait to travel back to Berryville and visit The Battletown Inn!! Thank you and hope to see you all very soon.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011 via mobile

Decent enough place, but there was something broken in every room I went in. (My family essentially took the place over for a wedding.) The staff members were really nice and helpful when we could find them, but were very hard to track down. When the restaurant part is closed, the staff disappear. This was really frustrating.

• Stayed May 2011
Linden, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

The Battletown Inn restaurant - Found a jewel of a restaurant with ABSOLUTELY GREAT Food at a GREAT value.
We drove the 45 minutes from Linden VA and was very pleased. The hospitality was welcoming, the staff was eager to serve, but allowed us time and space to enjoy our meal/company and the atmosphere, with the fireplace, was relaxing. However, the proof was in the pudding, my pork chop was at least 1 ½ inches think, my wife’s steak similar and others in my party were equally pleased. The Chef had a free serving of vegetables brought out for us to enjoy which were excellent.
I would HIGHLY recommend and I look forward to visiting the Gray Ghost Tavern above the restaurant next time.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Harford County, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

This review is not for the hotel, just lunch at the restaurant on Saturday. Fiancee and I were out motorcycle riding for the day and picked the Battletown Inn for lunch. Signage is almost non-existant and with several entrances you aren't sure where you are supposed to go. Later as I went to the ladies room I found a new patron standing at the front desk yelling 'hello!?!?". They need a bell or some other way to know when someone has arrived.

At first we weren't sure if we were under dressed but the hostess assured us we were not. The ambience inside was quite nice, but we choose to sit outside on the very nice patio. There was a business meeting going on upstairs, a birthday party of some sort inside, and a few scattered lunch patrons.

We each had a Stella Artois with lunch, fiancee had a Hot Kentucky Brown and I got the Hot Roast Beef - both open faced sandwiches. Mine was quite tasty and on some sort of very tasty garlic bread, but was barely warm. Fiancee's had to send his back - the bacon on it was raw - not just 'not crisp' - but RAW. Not only is that unappetizing, it's a health hazard. For dessert we had the apple crisp - which was quite wonderful - the best part of the meal.

It was a mix - given how much we love good food and travel/eat - we will not make the effort to return to this restaurant - mostly due to the raw bacon incident.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

I spent a weekend in Berryville, VA recently as it is a good springboard to travel to other places in the Shenandoah region. Berryville is a quiet somewhat quaint town, very quiet, but with a number of reasonably priced restaurants and pubs. It's location is good if you want to make day trips in the area. The Battletown Inn is right on the main drag and has ample parking in the rear. I found the owners to be extremely cordial and welcoming. The bartender is a great guy. The staff is young and needs a bit more training but they are well-intentioned. The room I was given for $89 a night (a free upgrade) was spacious and functional. The bed was comfortable and you will sleep well here because Berryville is a very quiet place. I did not eat at the restaurant but the menu looks interesting and moderately priced. I will certainly return here as this is a good place to get away from Washington, DC and chill out for a few days. The area is very scenic and there are plenty of nearby attractions.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Lancaster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

My son was married at the Battletown Inn. We could not have asked for better service and attention to detail. Since the couple was not from the area most of the planning was done by e-mail. Their recommendations for florist, photographer, cake, and DJ were all top notch. A last minute change in weather necessiatated moving the reception from the patio to the dining room and this was all done seamlessly. The gursts were unaware of the last minute changes. The inn is comfortable and charming. The food was delicious and well presented.

Outstanding in all respects and a good value.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Battletown Inn and Gray Ghost Tavern? Share your experiences!