“Better than the others in Berryville” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
BLUEMONT
“Better than the others in Berryville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

This restaurant has come along way, while I agree the wait staff is a lot to be desired, the food is excellent. The chicken platters and specials are really good, and the fresh selections are really made fresh, not made from a box. If you want good authentic gyros or chicken Slovakia platters try this restaurant. Priced just right and the owners are very very friendly. Fast service time also.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Shenandoah Valley
“Going downhill from a great start”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

I visited Focaccia again last week after a few months away. I'd bumped into two friends I hadn't seen in awhile and we needed a nice place to "catch up".

The decor has improved a bit, but the gawdawful TV was still there blaring away, and the waitress didn't seem interested in paying attention to her customers.

One of my friends ordered coffee and the other iced tea, as well as a bowl of soup.

I ordered the fresh fruit cup. I specifically asked the waitress how it was served and she told me it was "sweetened cream". Ugh. NASTY. It had some sort of horrid liquor in it that made me gag and burned my stomach and throat for 5 minutes with only one accidental bite. What a nasty shock when expecting a light and refreshing afternoon snack! She brought me another bowl of fruit, but no cream - I guess they'd contaminated the whole batch. I didn't even get a break on the price. Our waitress disappeared after that, never to be seen again.

My friend who'd ordered soup? It never arrived. Guess the waitress had something more important to do.

Cost for 2 glasses of iced tea, a cup of coffee and a bowl of rather sour "fresh" fruit? $10

At least I got to visit with my friends!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“These guys can cook”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

What is lacking in decor is made up in the tasty food and diverse menu. The ingredients are fresh and well prepared. The homemade ravioli is very good. Decent wine selection, wonderful desserts, generous servings, and homemade bread. The Grill gets better and better. Try it when you are in Berryville.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Aiken
“Pleasant suprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

There are two issues here--1-food; 2-atmosphere.
First the atmosphere---Okey would be generous. It is neat, clean and with a noise level allowing a normal person to converse without straining to listen. Focaccia could only benefit by losing the one TV and replacing it with mood music and lowering the light intensity. They are on the right track though. Parking is simple.
Now the food---having eaten at some of the best restaurants in the LA area for 25 years, and a few in Lower Manhattan, I found the food to be of equal quality. If you like garlic you will love the place and if you don't like it you don' belong there in the first place! The price was very reasonable and the wine list offered something for every taste. I can't comment on the deserts as we shared a meal with an appetizer and were already way full. TJS

LeoPrincess
“My favorite place in Berryville! Excellent Italian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2008

My experience at Focaccia Italian Grill was exceptional. Great Management, Great Service, and Exquisite Food!! I always order the Calamari and Chicken Parmigiana, my favorite italian dish. The service was excellent and my waitress catered to my every need and made sure that my glass was always full. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area. Two thumbs up!!