“Very relaxing and welcoming B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vanquility Acres Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bedford
Prices are for rooms, adults
Vanquility Acres Inn
Save Saved
You added Vanquility Acres Inn to your Saves list
105 Angus Terrace, Bedford, VA 24523   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Bedford B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Chespeake, VA
“Very relaxing and welcoming B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

You could not ask for a nicer place. Ellen and John make you feel like family from the first step in their beautiful home. We had a great time, great food and delightful conversations with all. I can't think of anything else they could do to make it any better then it was. This is a place that makes you want to keep coming back too, time and time again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I was in a pinch as I was in town for a funeral and all of the local hotels were sold out. Fortunately I found this B&B an am so glad I did. The view if the mountains is so beautiful and automatically relaxes you. Very tranquil setting and the el

• Stayed September 2013
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had a large group with unusual needs, and they went well out of their way to accommodate us. Very courteous, friendly, and the food was excellent. There was a nice view of Peaks of Otter and even had an evening goat crossing. Will be back if in the area again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Hot tub is listed by owner in ad.When we arrived and checked in we asked about it and was told hot tub was NOT operational due to owner not getting around to cleaning it.The next morning as we where showering the owner beat on the door and very rudely said we where late leaving and when were we going to get out? Seems her check out time is 11pm even tho we were not told this or is it posted in the room.As we hurried to pack and leave at 1125pm and were loading our car the owner came out and stated we OWED her 10 dollars for making her maid wait on us to leave. Seems to me the OWNER has forgotten who the customer is and should have been thanking us for staying with her again since this was our second visit this year.Bottom line this is a average place to stay NOTHING SPECIAL at all and NOT WORTH the money we payed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I travel solo all over the world for business, and really appreciate it when I find a nice place to stay every once in a while instead of the typical soul-less chain hotel. The owners of this B&B go above and beyond to make this happen. Breakfast every morning was amazing - homemade jams and honey from their beehives, fresh fruit, oatmeal berry pancakes, homemade granola, eggs, quiche, turkey bacon, lots of coffee, and more! There were also delicious cookies around for quick snacks. I stayed in the Garden Suite, which I think is perfect for a solo or couple staying for more than one night. It has its own entrance off the back porch if you want to use it. It's a nice big room with a fairly large bathroom. Queen sized bed and a great wifi connection. It also has its own sunroom where you can make coffee before hitting the big breakfast, a microwave, and a fridge. The view from this room, like the dining room, is straight over the Peaks of Otter and in the mornings you can look down over the pond and spot the huge grass carp in the shallow water. The goats are super cute and I visited with them every day! I also checked out the beehives and looked in vain for the wandering chicken on the property. I even got to go next door (the owners also own this property) to check out the pool. There is a jacuzzi on the B&B property that looked like fun just outside of the Vanquility Suite downstairs. The owners were amazing - I sat up and talked goats and medicine with John, and Ellen wouldn't let me clean up my dishes once! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will be back in 6 months when I revisit my new client in the area. I can't recommend this place enough!!!

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We spent a delight couple if nights here - very comfortable & quiet, but close to the Parkway AND some decent restaurants for dinners. The owner is charming and serves a great breakfast! We are planning to go back & take friends!

• Stayed August 2013
northants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in August, having spent 6 weeks around the Norfolk area of Virginia. This is a little piece of tranquility, a real home from home. We were given a very warm welcome, had lovely accommodation with fabulous views and a super all home cooked breakfast. They use all their own produce, including homemade breads, cakes and jams. We couldn't have asked for anything better. It is in a great location for visiting the Blue Ridge Mountains and we did some great walking. We will definitely go back. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Vanquility Acres Inn? Share your experiences!