“Just Lovely!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Forget-Me-Not Bed and Breakfast

The Forget-Me-Not Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bedford
The Forget-Me-Not Bed and Breakfast
You added The Forget-Me-Not Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
733 Peaks Street, Bedford, VA 24523   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Bedford B&B and Inns
Columbia, South Carolina
“Just Lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

If you love the intrigue of old homes, then you will love the Forget-me-not! I loved all the fun antiques & family heirlooms that Kathy has displayed around the room & her home. Kathy's breakfasts were also delicious! We've always admired the stately old homes in Bedford, so it was a lot of fun to finally stay in one! Bedford has always reminded my husband & I of what Mayberry would look like. The B&B is also really close to the main stretch of shops in downtown Bedford, probably less than 30 min from the Peaks of Otter & not far from the National D-Day Memorial. It was a fun place for my husband & I to stay for our anniversary!

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Twain Harte, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Can't say enough about the Forget-Me-Not Bed and Breakfast! Kathy and John are such nice hosts! They made us feel so welcome in our cozy little room. We were only able to stay one night and wished it could have been more. Our breakfast, served by John, was amazing! If you get a chance to stay here, don't pass it up!

Room Tip: Only one room! That makes is very special!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

If you enjoy personal attention yet appreciate privacy, this place is ideal. Built in the style of traditional homes in the area, the house has character and is renovated just enough to retain the feel of gracious, old Virginia. It has a private entrance and bath, and Kathy keeps the space fresh-smelling clean. Because it is a so small, she can cater to preferences but knows how to give a visitor enough space to make it a true holiday experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

First and foremost, Kathy and John are warm, welcoming and informative hosts. From the moment we arrived they made us feel welcome and at home. The room is spotless and the shower a major highlight! They were more than happy to offer great local advice and the breakfast was delicious. The thing I will remember the most about the B&B is the lovely conversation and genuine interest and care that Kathy and John showed us. It made our stay in Bedford and I would highly recommend staying here - hiking nearby is great and Sharp Top is a great place for views. Thank you Forget me Not for a great stay!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the forget me not. What a delightful stay. Kathy and John are gracious hosts. I absolutely recommend this B and B. The room is in a quaint setting and you surround yourself with items of days gone by.

• Stayed June 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed here once a few years ago and once recently. This place is truly a great B&B. The room is meticulously cleaned. The bathroom is spotless. I was so impressed with everything. Kathy and John make their guests feel like they are family, excellent hosts. Breakfast is to die for. Request the buttermilk pancakes. I have had pancakes in many different parts of the country and the ones they make at the Forget-Me-Not are the best I have ever had.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Took a quick trip to Bedford and wanted to stay in town. Forget-Me-Not was the perfect location--easy to find, easy walk to restaurants. Most important, Kathy and John were the most friendly and easygoing hosts, making us feel at home from the moment we arrived. Room was very comfortable, and decorated with an abundance of interesting antiques. A tasty breakfast with good conversation rounded out our much-too-short stay. We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Forget-Me-Not Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!