“Bedford Va trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
Bedford
“Bedford Va trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The desk staff was very helpful, interesting, and informative about the Bedford area.
Everything was wonderful and we really enjoyed our stay.
I will recommend the hotel to friends who are coming to the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Needing a place to stay for the night in Bedford, VA for my large family, we booked two rooms through Priceline. Once booked, we called the hotel directly and asked for two non-smoking rooms with two double beds in each (as is our custom when dealing with Priceline.) We were assured that would be no problem.

Upon arrival, my wife was told that we had two king rooms. My wife explained that she had called and specifically asked for two double rooms (preferably adjoining) since we are a large family and was told that would not be a problem. The openly hostile desk clerk/manager said that all we had was two kings, and that she would "upgrade" us for $15 per room. Keep in mind that there were about five cars in the parking lot, so the hotel was virtually empty. When we got to our "upgraded" rooms, we quickly realized that they reeked of smoke. I returned to the clerk and asked if we could have non-smoking rooms. She told me that we had requested smoking rooms. I firmly told her that we would have never done so. Rather than just switching us, she made a huge point to defend that we HAD requested smoking rooms. I stood my ground, and eventually, she moved us to non-smoking rooms, but made a point to tell me that she was doing it only as a favor, and that she didn't have to do it, since we had "requested" smoking.

This lady has no clue about customer service. She could have accommodated us from the beginning and gained a positive review. Instead, she would rather have $30.00 and feel that she is benevolent.

Fortunately for her, there are no other hotels within 20 minutes of there. But next time, I'll make sure to drive the extra distance.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Williamstown, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

It's a clean room with a nice bed and good shower. That's really all you need for a budget hotel. The only problem I have here are the stains in the ceiling of the bathroom. A very strange noise that occurs periodically. Can't explain what it is but it sounds mechanical. And the towels are not the best. But for the money it was worth it. I would come back and stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Super 8 Bedford? Share your experiences!