“Hidden Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bedford Social Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 52 Restaurants in Bedford
Description: Come....Be social
Enfield, Connecticut
“Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

If you ever find yourself near the Blue Ridge Mountains, follow them straight to Bedford, a quaint little town with several hidden treasures!! A friend and I happened across this hole in the wall and found ourselves delighted by every aspect of the experience!
The Chef creates specials each week highlighting a variety of flavor inspirations and beautifully pure ingredient combinations.
Not only is the food divine, but the building is charming, the wine list wonderful and the staff incredibly welcoming and attentive, but the Chef is indeed worth meeting. We were so impressed with his work that we closed the place down and asked to meet him. He creates every dish himself and despite it being a particularly busy night he came down and sat with us, shared his background and even gave us some culinary insite on one of our favorite dishes of the evening!
A true delight, any night at the Bedford Social Club is one to remember!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Sick for days”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Should have known when I tasted the sour ceaser dressing, undercooked pork, and skunky beer. Absolute worst excuse for a restaurant in Virginia.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lauren S, Owner at Bedford Social Club, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Regarding this review, we would remind the readers of Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes' famous quote, “The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theater and causing a panic.” And while a fake review planted by a jealous competitor doesn't exactly meet the "fire" standard, this anonymous and desperate attempt should be exposed for what it us, a pathetic and cowardly act.
Huddleston, Virginia
“Oh My, What a Great Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I turned a year older on December 19, so sweet hubby Ron wanted to take me to a really nice restaurant for dinner. "Why?" I asked. "There's lots of food in the freezer, and I'm perfectly happy staying home." But then my friend Marilee intervened, strongly suggested we dine at the Bedford Social Club, an upscale restaurant in Bedford, Virginia, said the restaurant had a "date night special" on Wednesdays and Thursdays. We'd eaten there several times before, the meal was always delicious, so in order to make Marilee (and Ron) happy, I agreed. Besides, I knew the food would be good.

Folks, I can't even begin to tell you how absolutely wonderful our meal was unless I use lots of adjectives and adverbs, things we writers are discouraged from using. So for this review I will take off my writer's hat and don my "I love good food" hat.

For an appetizer, we chose Spanakopita, a Greek spinach pie made with Feta cheese and phyllo pastry dough. Oh my goodness; I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. (Yes, fellow writers, I know that phrase is a huge cliche, but remember, I'm not writing this as a writer.) Next was a house salad with honey dijonese dressing. Sooo yummy.

I forgot to mention that with our meal came a bottle of wine. We chose a dry Hob Nob Chardonnay made in California, which paired deliciously with our entrees.

Ron selected a tuna special, which he thoroughly enjoyed. I chose the salmon and scallop cappellini dish, which was served on angel hair pasta. In my opinion, restaurant pasta sauces are usually too heavy, too salty, and fight with whatever is buried in the pasta. Not this dish. The sauce was incredibly light but tasty, enhanced the perfectly cooked chunks of salmon and scallops. I hope Bedford Social Club keeps this on their menu forever, because I want it again, and again, and again.

Next came the dessert. Ron ordered New York Cheese Cake, and graciously gave me a bite. Very, very good. What did I order? Nothing is better than cheese cake, right? Not. I know; you are dying to know what I picked. I chose . . . drum roll here, please . . . GINGERBREAD ICE CREAM! Yes! You read that correctly. And it was so delicious that if my tongue had been long enough and no one was looking, I would have picked up that bowl and licked up every tiny, lingering bit.

By the way, the service was just as good as the food!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bedford, Virginia
“Hands down the best restaurant in Bedford !!!! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I decided to go out to dinner last Friday night at the Bedford Social Club with a couple girl friends. They rant and raved about how good it is- but I had never gotten the chance. (Little did I know how much I have been missing..!)
For starters, it is truely a hidden jewel- in a unique, old building. Amazing art work through out the dining area as well. We had Perry as a waiter - he was very professional (and not to mention easy on the eyes)
As for the most important part , the food - the glorious food. I cannot say it enough - the food is AMAZING!!
this place nailed it. The Caesar salad for an app was to die for - followed by the best steak au poivre have ever eaten in my life! Worth every penny- I will gladly pay a little more for quality and service. Bottom line this place is great & the only place in downtown Bedford to go if you want an extraordinary dinner experience.

Bedford, Virginia
“Lovely dinner at a local restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We got together with our neighbors at this restaurant a week after Thanksgiving. The menu changes weekly and so one is always in for a nice surprise. One of the items was no longer available but the crab cakes where excellent. The Ahi tuna was a bit dry but the sauces were fantastic adding flair and flavor. I would definately come back for a special occasion.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere