“Date Night” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bedford Social Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 52 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main St.
Description: Come....Be social
“Date Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wednesday & Thursday are "Date Nights" at the Social Club. Good food is served in a pleasant atmosphere. It's a city experience in a small town.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bedford, Virginia
“Good steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The Bedford Social Club is in an old building in Bedford. The decor makes use of the old walls & flooring. The menu is upscale & gourmet - delicious food - a little high price, but worth the extra money.

Visited July 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Not as fancy as I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

When I saw the name of the restaurant and looked at the menu, I thought this was going to be a fancy schmancy place. It was nice, don't get me wrong, but it was more laid back than I anticipated. I appreciated that. The dining area is very wide open and they also have a bar off to the side. My wife and I went there one night on a date during Lynchburg's Restaurant Week, so we were able to get a good meal for a reasonable price. The steak I had was good and tender, but needed some seasoning. Seemed a little bland. However, for an appetizer, I had the crab mac and cheese. It was my favorite part of the meal. My second favorite part was the dessert, creme brulee. We may go back again sometime. The staff was very friendly, and our waiter was extremely professional. Be sure to make a reservation before you go, though. I don't believe they take walk-ins.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bedford, Virginia
“Bedford Social Club”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The atmosphere and food are delightful. I love date night when you can get a great meal and wine for two for $50. The service is excellent.

Visited April 2013
Cullen, VA
“Hidden jewel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Recommended by some local artists (when you visit Bedford allow yourself some time to explore the surprising range and number of local art studios), we were surprised by the urbane feel of this
high-ceilinged but somehow cozy space. The waitress was knowledgable, prompt, attentive but not intrusive. The food was abundant and extraordinary. We are good amateur cooks, and are more often than not disappointed when we eat out, as we often think, "Well, we could do as well or better at home"...NOT at the Bedford Social Club! chef-owned, the menu is creative, solid, and artful, without stupid, cutsie, "look at me" garnishes. I will absolutely make the hour drive to eat there again. This week.

• Visited February 2013