“Great little place.” 5 of 5 stars

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Great little place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Nice cozy place. Loved the unique spiced wine at the end! Their sweet wines were also very good because they weren't too sweet like the big popular wineries. Would return again!

Visited October 2012

Virginia Beach, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
“Burnley and Mr. Horton... Read before you go!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Last time I visited this winery 10 years ago - it was my favorite tour! So, naturally I could not wait to get back! I eagerly went in and approached a man standing behind the tasting bar. I inquired about the tour. He looked at me and said if you can come back here (behind the bar) and find some A** (left out the word) to give you a tour, then you can have a tour! I was stunned - there was another family and elementary age children with us! I asked his name and found out he was the owner. He continued to tell me his purchase price (liked I cared) when the winery started and told me "that was the tour" ! He said if I did not need anything else, than I could go to the cashier and purchase the "wine tasting" privilege! There were several other families in there. We all just left. I will never go back... I guess that is why the parking lot was empty when we got there and the other wineries were full!

Visited August 2012
Hartsville, South Carolina
38 attraction reviews
“A Great Little Winery in Virginia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

While on a trip to visit our favorite winery in Virginia (Horton) we decided to stop by Burnley and it was a very good decision. This is a nice "petit" winery with a small but good selection of wines at very reasonable prices. My favorites were the Chardonnay. Crisp and not overly oaked. I also found the Reisling to be very good. I would highly recommend that you stop by when in the area and enjoy the wines from this small, family run winery.

Visited August 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Went with a small group for a wine tasting. The service was wonderful. She was friendly and knowledgable. I also loved visiting with the dogs there. Wine was good. Would like to return in the future.

Virginia
49 attraction reviews
“We love their Norton!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Burnley is a small winery not far from Barboursville Winery, and it's a good contrast from a big winery to a mom & pop winery. The staff is wonderful and knows a lot about the wines. We enjoyed many of their wines but their Norton is a favorite Norton is a native Virginia grape but many people haven't had it. It makes a heavy red wine, so it's not for white wine drinkers! We always look for Burnley at festivals now so we can get some more Norton!

Visited August 2011