“What a pleasant surprise...!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 17 restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: American
Berlin, Connecticut
“What a pleasant surprise...!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Due to unfortunate timing on a recent ski weekend in Vermont, Mother Nature became uncooperative on a Saturday, not just rain, a deluge of pouring rain! In lieu of the ubiquitous "let's go shopping", my nephew suggested... a visit to Harpoon Brewery, approx a half hour drive from Ludlow, VT. What a great idea! One of the nicer brewery business model layouts we've seen. Very accomodating. $5 gets you four tastes of beer, and a fun tour. We enjoyed a very nice lunch of appetizers and specialty sandwiches, reasonably priced. And to accompany, glasses of beer which we'd particulary enjoyed as a sample. Very organized, good service. Not Fine Dining, nor a Bar...! Very good food, and great beer served... it's a Brewery!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Wilmington, Massachusetts
“Slow Service-Average Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

The Harpoon Brewery was mainly a disappointment for me, although I do think my boyfriend enjoyed in a bit more. I did not drink any beer there, but my boyfriend thought the Craft Cider brew was so-so and the Winter Warmer which he enjoyed a lot. I had the root beer, which was excellent. However, our service was not great. It took a while for our server to come over, and then it took a half-hour for our food to come out, which was ridiculous. We had to change our dinner plans because lunch took so long. The food was not that good, either. I got the veggie burger, an it was burnt and the fries were almost cold. I think the Ruben my boyfriend got was good, though. Overall, it was not a good experience. I definitely think people should just stick to drinking if the go here.

Visited December 2013
Milford, Connecticut
“Great Taste of Vermont”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Treated ourselves to a cheeseburger made from VT beef and cheddar cheese along with sharing a brewery sampler. Sat by a roaring fire and enjoyed our visit thoroughly. Took home a couple of growlers and will surely stop again on our next venture to Vermont. I highly recommend this short hop off of exit 9 for anyone passing through.

Visited December 2013
Brownsville, Vermont
“Good place to get beer and food. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I come here once in a while for dinner. I always eat their sandwiches. Maybe someday I'll try something new. The beer is good as well. Some nights they have live entertainment which adds a nice touch. Bring your friends. It's a good place to hang out and kickback.

“Nice place to stop for a cocktail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stopped by on our way to Brattleboro. Beer was good. They had over 25 selections on tap and the bar maid was patient as we narrowed down our selection. Once we got our cocktails we went and sat outside around the firepit! Typical New England.