“delightfully stumbled upon for rest” 5 of 5 stars

Snapdragon Inn
2.5 of 5 Inn   |   26 Main St, Windsor, VT 05089   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Windsor B&B and Inns
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“delightfully stumbled upon for rest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

On a recent adventure with my young son, I found myself too tired to make it home, and we unexpectedly made our way into Windsor, VT, finding this wonderful Inn. It was the most delightful stay, at a historical gem, beautifully and tastefully restored and well appointed, with the most lovely family caretakers. My young son was treated with respect and therefore behaved accordingly, we loved the generously comfortable room, freshly prepared continental breakfast and very friendly welcome. I love the Snapdragon chap stick, a gift in our room, and every detail and amenity was appreciated. The stroll around the lake was lovely, and the town has some interesting sites to see. We had a fabulous meal at the Burdick restaurant (French bistro food and handmade find chocolates!) in Walpole, twenty minutes away and many other fine restaurants are within close proximity and worth the drive. Snapdragon is conveniently well located very close to Billings Farm, Dartmouth and many other fabulous destinations. Cannot beat the friendly welcoming charm and reasonable rates for such a fine place to stay. I highly recommend giving this wonderful new place a try.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Northants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We spent 3 weeks in New England travelling from State to State. Unfortunately our trip coincided with Hurricane Irene which meant that our intended stay in a B&B close to Woodstock was unavailable due to there being no electricity. By late afternoon we still hadn't found anywhere to stay which had running water and electricity! We asked a local in Windsor if he knew of a hotel or B&B in the area and he recommended the Snapdragon. It's expensive by English standards but was worth every penny (or dollar in this case!). It was spacious, beautifully decorated - modern but retaining a lot of the original features. The room we had was huge and the breakfasts were substantial, albeit continental style. The owners were very welcoming too. We had planned on staying only for 1 night but we were so comfortable we decided to spend another night there. We can't praise this B&B highly enough and wouldn't hesitate in recommending anyone to stay for a night or two, they certainly wouldn't be disappointed.

While you are there check out the lake to the rear of the property, particularly early in the morning if it's a clear day, we have some stunning photos and it's like an oasis. For those more energetic, you can walk all the way around and all before breakfast!!

Wind

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I posted a review of the Snapdragon Inn and had it deleted when I found that the Cleanliness check box did not have five stars. and since the Inn was cleanliness itself and it was probably my fault that I missed a check circle I am reposting. If this review doesn't show 5 stars for everything something is wrong with the site because I
did check all five stars.
The Inn is relaxed comfort, the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in. I was there to just relax.
I sat on the rocking chairs on the porch and read my books, I walked around the lake, I had wonderful dinners at the Windsor station restaurant. the breakfast that the inn serves is so good.
The innkeepers are terrific. This is a family owned inn at its best. There are lots of places to visit and things to do and see and I did go to a wonderful concert, and explored the area since it it beautiful but my advice is to leave time for the pure joy of relaxing in comfort and beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

We were looking for a place to stay between Boston and Burlington from which we could explore NH and VT. We found sanctuary complete with chic decor, excellent breakfast buffet, all day/all night coffee and tea service, library with rocking chaired porch, large lawn for strolling or shade, and a lake with easy, beautiful walking trails. The congenial hosts offered information, conversation, and privacy. Every detail has been thought out so we felt relaxed - cared for - at home. We will return as often as we are able.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

An old house in Windsor was impeccably restored and outfitted as the Snapdragon Inn. One of the few B&B where rooms are spacious, outfitted with all the essentials that make for a comfortable stay but notably uncluttered with bric-a-brac. The staff/owners are very friendly, helpful, courteous and provide a very pleasant continental style breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Montclair, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed for the weekend August 12-14 and I must admit, having grown up in the area, I wasn't sure how it would feel to stay in an Inn so close to my former home. We were greeted warmly and I soon found that they were very interested in my connections to the area as the history of the area is important to the owners. The Inn was lovely, recently renovated, and very cozy. The room we had on the third floor (#9) was large with dormer ceilings and the bathroom was fantastic. The breakfasts were very good with a couple of yummy homemade items among the other items offered. The owners couldn't have been nicer! (Even to the point of mailing us a shirt we had left behind without accepting any payment for the postage.) I highly recommend the Snapdragon.

connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I spent three evenings at the Snapdragon Inn. The facility is beautiful. The room was clean, quiet and private. The sitting room off the lobby as well as the porch offerd a convenient place to conduct a business conversation with an associate. I would strongly recomment this location to anyone traveling for business or pleasure in this are of Vermont or NH.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Snapdragon Inn? Share your experiences!