“Average hotel stay with great staff” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Williston
“Average hotel stay with great staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Upon check-in and throughout our stay, the staff here was great. Friendly, helpful and personable. The location of the hotel is also nice as it offers easy access to a number of different places given that it is right on the interstate and there appears to be a lot of newer businesses going in this area.

As was mentioned by a previous review, the rooms are in need of some updating and it appears that will happen next year. The ring around the shower head was rusted, the carpets were pretty worn and the overall condition was average for a mid range hotel.

The breakfast at the hotel was decent and having Green Mountain coffee available all day along with popcorn in the lobby were nice touches.

The pool was nice, but has some of the downfalls of an outdoor pool with debris and bugs accumulating. It was being scooped out when we got there, so I don't think there is any more that could be asked.

Overall, for the price, I would have expected a bit more, but I also wasn't willing to pay $100/night more to stay in downtown Burlington. If my travels bring me to the area again, I will be interested to see the improvements made during the renovations and would likely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Fairfield Inn W, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Burlington Williston, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I'm happy to hear our staff treated you well. As others have stated, we are indeed due for a refresh and we are being told this will happen by year's end. We're all very excited for the improvements ahead! I am hoping you will be able to stop by once we're finished to see the end result.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to use TripAdvisor to review our hotel. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Laval (Near Montreal), Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Although our stay was a short one (1 night only) we really enjoyed our stay.

Staff...
All staff we encountered (and I do mean everyone) were very polite, friendly & helpful.

Room...
Room was nice & very clean, beds were comfy, a/c worked well & plugs in microwave were a nice touch too, great for charging our phones.

Lobby...
We really enjoyed your coffee/tea in the lobby at anytime. We had several cups each. Popcorn machine was also a nice touch, my daughter loved that. When we returned from dinner there were chocolate chip cookies next to coffee, another great touch.

Pool...
We did use the pool. Pool area was very nice. A lot of chairs & beds, with or without shade (something for everyone). One thing is a lot of dead bugs accumulate near the stairs where you enter the pool and that does not make it tempting to want to enter the pool. An easy fix is if someone skimmed that area with a pool net every hour or so.

Parking...
Well lit at night & enough for all guests (not scrambling around after dinner looking for an open spot).

Breakfast...
Although this is a great added value to our stay (free breakfast) we found it a little chaotic. We probably came down at a high traffic time but in my opinion the room is too small for ALL guests. That being said the food & choices was quite good. Just one thing, in addition to cream cheese I would also serve sliced American cheese.

All in all we had a great stay. We live in Montreal & we visit the Burlington area often (3-4 times a year). This was the 1st time we have stayed at your hotel but with the positive experience it will definitely not be our last.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I am very pleased to hear your stay was enjoyable, and the entire team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Convenient location near the airport brought us here for an AM flight the next morning. Exterior looked fine, Fairfield is normally a good mid grade hotel in my experience. This one, however, is pretty run down. First the good parts...really friendly and helpful front desk for our late afternoon check in and the location is easy to find and well located. The room was fine on the surface, microwave and frig is always nice. But then the bad..thin carpet, no view (although this alone wouldn't have been that big a deal). Tiles in the bath are cracked, grout is dirty and old, and you could read your newspaper through the towels. Cold breakfast is fine, cereals, muffins and such; but the scrambled eggs had a sour taste that was very distinct and the sausage was really bland. The breakfast area had insufficient seating at 8:30 AM, we had to eat on a couch in the lobby. The furniture there had a thick layer of dust. If I had paid the $169 per night price on Travelocity, I'd have been MAD. This was a stay on a Marriott voucher and free, so I'd have to say I got what I paid for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfield Inn W, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Burlington Williston, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I truly appreciate your candid feedback, as it gives us an opportunity to improve the overall guest experience. I'm very sorry to hear you found some of the breakfast items to be unsatisfactory; I have been speaking with my breakfast staff about the eggs in particular, and we believe we have improved them a great deal over the course of the past couple of days. As for the hotel needing a renovation, we are due to have one in early 2014 which has us very excited. I am hoping you will be able to stop in after it is completed.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Very nice staff and great location. This hotel was close to the highway as well as restaurants and shops. Staff was great and very accommodating! I arrived after breakfast so I ate down the street and the price was rather high for the meal. Ate dinner at Chill's and the waitress did not mention the specials which I would have gotten if it has been explained more before the meal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for using TripAdvisor to review your stay at the Fairfield Inn in Williston, Vermont. It's a pleasure to hear you had a positive experience with us. I'll be sure to pass your comments along to our team, as I'm sure they will appreciate the feedback as much as I do. As for restaurants in the area, we are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist with reccommendations. If you find yourself in the area again, feel free to stop by, and we'll be happy to help you find exactly what you're looking for.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed for only one night, and arrived quite late (2am) due to delays in travel. The night staff was very friendly, and the room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was the standard Fairfield Inn assortment. Location is close to airport and highway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Fairfield Inn W, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Burlington Williston, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you staying at the Fairfield Inn in Williston, VT, and for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear your stay was satisfactory. Please keep us in mind if you ever find yourself back in the Williston area.
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Was travelling through on my way up north, and Burlington was the right location. I've stayed at several hotels in the area and this one had the best combination of location and reasonable rates.

First, a caution -- if arriving at night, I found the entrance is poorly lit and hard to find. You can see the hotel, but just not where you enter the driveway. Almost drove in down the lawn!

Hotel is typical Fairfield Inn, and if you've stayed at the chain before, you know you'll get a clean, comfortable room. There was no hallway noise despite the hotel being fairly full. A/C wasn't too loud, either. The hotel is right off the highway, but there was no loud highway noise at all. A pleasant surprise.

We had two rooms across the hall. (Note there are no adjoining & connected rooms available at this hotel). Both had a nice enough view of the surrounding area, but the back of the hotel is my preference.

There are many restaurants within a mile or two-- mostly typical retail chains like Chilis, Longhorn Steakhouse, etc, but also several non-chain restaurants too. Starbucks is 1/2 mile away.

Came down for breakfast at 7:30 and found it packed. Too many people, no where near enough tables. I'm sure if I'd come down an hour earlier or later there would be no problem. Also, breakfast fare is typical of this type of hotel. Waffles, yogurt, some fresh fruit, bagels & muffins. Only problem was the hot scrambled eggs were inedible & NASTY! I don't think it's how they intended them to be, but either their egg mix, or how ever they came, but I watched several other people throw them in the garbage too. When I said something to the staff, she reassured me they were fine--we'll just call it a difference of opinion.

It is a pretty area, and lots to see and do within a 20 minute drive... The area is worth a visit, and I'd certainly come back. Aside from the eggs, a typical night sleep-- consistent, comfortable. Overall, my complaints are fairly minor.

Room Tip: Back of hotel has a slightly more rustic view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I am pleased to hear you had a positive experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that you found the eggs to be less than desireable; I have passed this along to our breakfast associates who have assured me they are working on improving them.

Thank you again for staying with us, and for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Bangor ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel is a standard Fairfield Inn. The room was clean, in good order, and quiet.
The breakfast choices were a little broader than many Fairfield Inns, but the staff seemed to have trouble keeping everything stocked.
Also, for some reason, the door to our room took a little extra effort to shut.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfield Inn W, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Burlington Williston, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! I'm happy to hear it was a pleasant one. Also, thank you for mentioning the issue with your door; I'll be sure to have our engineer take care of that right away. Please feel free to call the hotel if there is anything else we can do for you.

Have a great summer!

Been to Fairfield Inn Burlington Williston? Share your experiences!