“OK Courtyard in the Middle of Nowhere” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston

You added Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   177 Hurricane Lane, Williston, VT 05495 (Formerly Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Taft Corners)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Williston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Evanston
“OK Courtyard in the Middle of Nowhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2007

Stayed here for 2 nights while on business (June 19-21). Nothing overly impressive about this Courtyard. Nothing to walk to, but there is some shopping within a 5 min drive. Also downtown Burlington is about 10-12 min away. Go downtown for your dinners/shopping.

I ate breakfast here one morning and service was slow and the buffet was not well kept. Also, on my second morning they didn't have breakfast ready until 6:30AM. They should start earlier for those of us who have early flights out.

This hotel says they offer a shuttle to the airport. I wanted to take the suttle to the airport in the morning. The shuttle had been sitting out front. I was told it was not running this morning and that they would call a cab and pay for it. A nice gesture, but I had to wait 20 minutes for the cab to show up. They seemed to have staff available to drive the shuttle........I didn't quite understand the issue.........maybe they all had less than stellar driving records!

Next time I will try the new Courtyard in downtowm Burlington........I think it runs about an extra $100/night though. Oh well......

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Location, breakfast, and lack of airport shuttle as promised
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cumberland, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2007

Not very pleased with this hotel. I asked front desk if there was anything to do in the area, shop/food, and she was not helpful. So I had to explore the town by myself. Ordered pay per view movie and it was very expensive and the movie kept skipping. The room had a light missing in the bed light and didn't notice it out until I went to bed. Too late to call to have it fixed but should have been noticed by the housekeeping staff. Was supposed to get breakfast for free but they charged me $10.00 for it! Had to call when I got back to have it taken off my bill. Expected more from a Courtyard hotel.

Stayed March 2007
boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2007

We stayed for two nights, and the showers were very cold both mornings. My fiance got a very nasty spider bite on his neck while staying there, that swelled up really bad, looks pretty nasty, and hurts a lot! The rooms are the kind with locked doors connecting your room to the room next door. This means you hear your neighbor, and I mean HEAR. You hear their normal voiced conversations, their TV, and the worst - you will hear LOUD AND CLEAR your neighbors partake in amorous behavior, not a good thing if you have kids with you!!! The two nights we were there were the worst two nights of sleep I've had in a while, so the cold showers in the morning were just icing on the cake. Also, the floors are as thin as the walls, so you will hear every step everyone else takes, especially if you are not on the top floor. Furthermore, this hotel brags about how comfortable the beds are now that they've renovated... I felt like I was sleeping on my kitchen table!!! NOT comfy. This hotel ruined the relaxing weekend I was so looking forward to. I usually do not write these reviews, but this is how much I dislike this place - I really want to do YOU, the person reading this, a favor by letting you know to stay away!!! The fact that this place is 3+ stars is a joke. I've stayed at econolodges or quality inns or whatnot way better than this place. In this world of franchising, the marriot name DOES NOT necessarily mean the hotel is quality.

• Stayed March 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2006

I think this is a great choice in the Burlington area. It is a little farther from downtown than I would have liked but convenient if you are traveling to other areas such as Waterbury and Montpelier.
The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was newly remodeled and spotlessly clean. The beds were extremely comfortable and even though we were close to the elevator the room was very quiet. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2006
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hudson Valley, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2006

Stayed there with my family, having booked a night (2 rooms) on Priceline at a greatly reduced rate ($89).

We were all very pleased with what awaited us. The beds, alone, were worth the price -- comfortable, supportive, luxurious.

The front desk people were fine, the place is a hop-skip-and-a-jump to downtown Burlington, and the hotel was clean.

In all, it was what you'd expect from a hotel rated three-and-a-half stars to four stars.

I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. It beat out the other places we stayed on our New England trip (Holiday Inn Newton/Boston and Radisson New London) by a country mile.

Well done.

• Liked — The beds.
  • Disliked — Takes a little figuring out to get to the heart of downtown, but this isn't a big problem.
  • Tips/Secrets — Use Priceline.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2006

We stayed here 2 nights during the BMW MOA rally and had no complaints at all. Clean rooms, quiet. Really no complaints as read from the other review, whih seem to be several years old.

• Liked — Close to BMW rally site
  • Disliked — No problems
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2006

I stayed at this hotel because I had a very important exam that I had to take out of town. The hotel was close to the test site, and offered a guaranteed quiet room. The room was anything but quiet. There were people shouting in the hallways late at night, the room next to ours was vacuumed at 5 am and that woke us up, we were right near the ice machine, which made a very loud hum every time it kicked on, and the maid entered the room 3 separate times without knocking first. The hotel's website also boasted an onsite ATM and there wasn't one. After driving 5 hours and arriving late at night, we really didn't feel like driving further to an ATM. There was hair in the bathtub when we arrived, and the plug for the drain didn't work, so water was constantly running out of the tub. Overall, I was very dissatisfied with this hotel.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston? Share your experiences!