“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston

You added Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   177 Hurricane Lane, Williston, VT 05495 (Formerly Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Taft Corners)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
boston, ma
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel a few months ago and found it to be clean, comfortable and conveniently-located; it's about 10 minutes from Downtown. The front desk staff were very nice and accommodated my late check in request. They do not have a bar in house, but they have a "market" in the lobby for food and beverage purchase (even beer!). It's what you would expect from the Marriott brand. Would recommend!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
CYGuestService, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Dear Guest,

We at the Courtyard by Marriott Burlington/Taft Corners pride ourselves in providing Marriott quality serivce and accomodations. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the signature Courtyard experience you have come to expect.

Kind Regards,

Shannon Moore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Had agreat time exploring the downtown and waterfront. This Courtyard is great too. They have a very nice and helpful staff and the pool was great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
CYGuestService, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear Russpatten,

We are happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and had a good time in Burlington! It is a beautiful city with so much to offer no matter what the season.

Thank you for your comments.
Providence
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

This hotel is in a nice, quiet location and very close to the highway, super convenient! It's about 10 minutes away from Burlington, but much cheaper to stay at than right in Burlington. The staff was very nice, the room was sufficient, nothing fancy, but exactly what we needed.

I love that the bed was soft! A bunch of pillows were offered to us, which was excellent!! The last hotel I stayed at, the bed was very firm and I woke up achy each day....so when I realized this bed was soft and comfy, I was very happy!

Two minor complaints, just so you are aware if you book here. First, they are stingy with the shampoo/conditioner! One tiny bottle each day, unless I specifically called down to the desk to request more (which I had to do every single day). I have long hair and I was traveling with someone else who needed shampoo and conditioner too, that tiny bottle washed my hair once barely, and I was trying to be conservative with it. It was just annoying that they didn't provide more from the get go. I've never had to request additional shampoo/conditioner at a hotel before, I have always been provided with more than enough.

The other minor complaint is the movies in the hotel room. Maybe I'm stuck in 1995, but since when does a movie in a hotel room cost $18?!?! Really?! How bout like $3, since most movies are readily available at a Redbox for a buck. Some of the movies were $18, some were $14, then $8 and finally a few were $5. We settled on a $5 movie. There was no way I was paying any more than $5 to watch a movie in my hotel room. Geez, I already paid to just sleep there, if the movie can't be included, at least make it affordable. $18....I couldn't believe that, who regulates these prices?!

Anyway, those were my only two minor complaints. I had a great stay here, the staff was nice, I would certainly return. :)

Room Tip: Priceline all the way! I love it, use it every time!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time in Vermont and had a nice stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Taft Corners. I appreciate your comments regarding the in room amenities and the price of the in room movies. We are always happy to offer added amenities upon request and often when housekeeping is aware they can meet your requests each day when you are staying more than one night. Although I can't change the pricing on movies I appreciate hearing your comments.

Clarksburg WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

The room was nice. I really liked that they worked with us due to "hockey showcase" rates. It was close to everything and quiet and comfortable.

The breakfast was overpriced so we ate elsewhere, if you stay at the Marriott's Fairfield just across the road you get free breakfast and their breakfasts are great.

The "hospitality" bar (for your enjoyment) was a little silly and I don't know why they bother. You could buy one small glass of wine or one bottle of beer for 50cents and if you wanted more it was very expensive.

The staff were wonderful and very hospitable. They acted like they knew you at the front desk. All in all good experience.

Room Tip: . Nice garden out back behind the outdoor pool. Quiet and relaxing. Site is off main roads, which...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Taft Corners. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the convenience of our location. I appreciate your comments regarding the price of breakfast. We charge $8.95 for a full, hot, all you can eat breakfast buffet and $5.95 for continental breakfast so that we can provide healthy, freshly cooked breakfast options for our guests.

Warwick, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Booked on priceline and got a great rate first of all...This hotel is close to a lot of different things. You can goto the Cabot Factory, Ben & Jerry's Factory and also go to downtown Burlington. Church street was AWESOME!

Its nothing special but its great for what you need it for ... a nice, clean place to lay your head and rest so you can get up and go explore some more! (seriously, who stays in the hotel the whole time?)

It was nice and clean, staff was friendly and accommodating. Book here you won't be sorry!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay!

New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

While the staff is very pleasant, the room and especially the bathroom is old and tired. The uncomfortably soft bed left us feeling old and tired!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear you were disapointed in the quality of the room. We do our best to provide quality accomodations that meet or exceed Marriott's standard for quality. Check back with us in 2012 as we will offer our the new Courtyard Bistro and you will see additional enhancements to our property.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I stayed here for one night - July 31 to August 1. The hotel is clean and only about 10 minutes from downtown Burlington. I booked this hotel through Priceline and paid 70$ for the night. It was much cheaper than anything I could find in Burlington. It was clean, our room was big and very quiet. The hotel is located right off of the highway which makes it super accessible and convenient. They have a nice pool and hot tub and the desk staff was very nice and very helpful in giving us directions.

We did make one phone call to a local restaurant to find out what time they were closing at. This 5 second phone call cost us 50 cents. I know it's not a lot of money, but when you're paying 70$ to just sleep there, I feel like the price should cover local calls. The hotel is nice but I would not be willing to pay the regular fee of 160$/ night to stay there, it's nice but nothing special.

Other than that it was very clean, great service and free WIFI!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston? Share your experiences!