“Nice enough” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston

You added Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   177 Hurricane Lane, Williston, VT 05495 (Formerly Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Taft Corners)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Connecticut Yankee
“Nice enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here two nights (June 9-11) while attending the Burlington Discover Jazz Festival. The hotel is located about 10 minutes from downtown Burlington. The property adjoins another Marriott property (a Residence Inn), where we had stayed previously--I prefer the Residence inn, which had a kitchen, but for this trip, the Courtyard was a better deal, so we stayed there instead.

The receptionist wasn't super friendly but nice enough. We had an issue with our tub not draining, and they promptly offered to move us to another room. We declined the offer (not wanting to give up our balcony!) and they fixed the tub the next day, more or less (was still draining a little slow but much improved).

The rooms are large and updated, and we had no complaints about the comfort or cleanliness of the room. The air conditioner was a little loud, but it was really nice having a sliding door that opened onto a balcony, enabling us to get some fresh air--rare in most modern hotels! The highway is located very close by, so our view wasn't much, but they had obviously put time and thought into some pretty landscaping, so we overlooked a nice garden area. With the sliding door shut, you could barely hear the highway, so the rooms are nicely soundproofed against outside.

I can't say it was a particularly outstanding or memorable Marriott, but nice enough--particularly if you get a good rate, like we did.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the last three years, and each time I like it a little less. I started staying here because it's often much cheaper than hotels in downtown Burlington - because it's out in the middle of nowhere. So, I can't complain because you get what you pay for. But, if you want to go for a walk, or to dinner, or for a work out, you have to drive everywhere, which was frustrating - there aren't even sidewalks in the area.

The bed is pretty comfy, the small throw at the foot of the bed makes no sense, the area is quiet. And, I realize I'm working long hours but a breakfast that doesn't open until 6:30AM seems a little out-of-sync for a hotel targeting business travelers.

However, when I went to check out, the front desk was unattended. I waited a couple minutes, noticed some folks talking in the kitchen... Went back to my room to see if I could check out on the TV, which wasn't available. Came back to the desk... waited... Went back to the room, called the front desk and it rang... (8 minutes later now) I went back to the desk and then asked a waitress who was setting up the breakfast. Lo and behold the front desk attendant was in the kitchen the whole time! Yeah, I wasn't too happy.

If you're on the road and only want a quiet, inexpensive place to stop that's close to the highway - this place is great. If you'd like something close to town, restaurants, walking, etc there are better options. Going forward, it's time for me to pay the extra cash and stay downtown.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Hilton, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

No complaints! Modern, very clean. It seemed quite new. The room was large & the furniture was new. 5 pillows on each bed?!?! The bathroom was small but it did have a dressing/sink area attached, but open to sleeping area. I prefer to have the entire dressing/bath area closed off from sleeping area so I can shower, dress & shave without disturbing companion--still not bad. No free breakfast, continental or otherwise. However they offered a full buffet breakfast for $9 or $10 or a decent continental breakfast for $6, not a bad idea. Got the room through Priceline for $75, making this hotel an excellent value.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

There are three Marriott properties located within 1/4 mile from each other, and I've had the dubious distinction at staying at all of them. For the business traveler, this is clearly the best of the bunch. Yes, the walls are a tad thin. I almost said "God Bless You" when the guy next to me sneezed, but apart from that, no complaints. Flat screen TV was nice. My only complaint was that the dark shower curtain blocked out the bathroom light which made the shower oddly dark, but that's it.

It's the only one of the three to have a working gym. It has a happy hour special with hott apps in the afternoon and my colleagues got coupons for $.50 beers, which you can't beat. And while it's true that you're not located in a picturesque setting, it's near the airport and right next to I-89, so ideal for getting in and out quickly. I had no problems whatsoever here and will surely return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Hingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Room was updated and clean with nice mattrice and big new TV. Hotel is right off highway so easy launch to Stowe or Burlington. Just over $100 for the night made this a happy experience. Enough restaurants within 1-2 miles.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights while on a ski trip to Smuggler's Notch and Bolton Valley with some friends. We arrived late (1am) on a holiday eve, but the clerk was happy to check us into our spacious room. The hotel was very clean, comfortable, and quiet...no complaints there. It also had a pool, hot tub, and a small gym, which were nice perks. The lobby had a computer station with a printer, but unfortunately the printer did not work but the helpful staff printed my documents for me at the front desk for free. The hotel is located in a commercial area just off the interstate, easy to locate but about 10-15 mins drive from the action in Burlington. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
North Eastham,MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

I have stayed at the beautiful Courtyard in Keene,NH and the outstanding Courtyard by Montreal Dorval Airport. This is what I THOUGHT I would get here in Burlington. Oh, how wrong I was!!!

As OPs have mentioned, paper thin walls. Noise from here there and everywhere. Highly overpriced for what I received. The Days Inn Colchester is 40% less and offers up a nice continental breakfast with rooms overlooking a river valley. Here I was in a wind-swept barren industrial park setting on the outskirts of town that could have been Des Moines, no Vermont charm at all. Marriott tries to position Courtyard to be their competing brand to Hilton's Hampton Inn....but the Hampton Inn Colchester is miles ahead of this Courtyard, there is no comparison whatsoever.

Front desk staff were sullen and morose, going through the motions. I remember when Bill Marriott used to say that things had to be right because it was his name on the door, guess that doesn't mean anything any more.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
CYGuestService, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Dear Guest,

I'm happy to hear you've had a good experience at two other Courtyard's and thank you for being a loyal Marriott guest. I wish that you had had a better experience at our property and do apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations.

The other two properties you mentioned have recently been renovated to the new Courtyard Bistro concept. You will be happy to hear that we have plans in place to renovate to that contemproary Courtyard in the very near future. Breakfast, as is the case in all Courtyard's will continue to be offered for a fee. We offer a high quality, full buffett breakfast, with fresh fruit, pastries, fresh eggs, bacon and sausage in addition to hot and cold cereal options. Our breakfast is a great deal more extensive than what is offered for free in other hotel chains. We also offer a menu featuring Vermont products and will continue to do so in the future.

We look forward to serving your accomodation needs in the future and encourage you to try us once our renovations have been completed. Thank you for your comments.

Shannon Moore

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston? Share your experiences!