“The best of the 3” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston

You added Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   177 Hurricane Lane, Williston, VT 05495 (Formerly Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Taft Corners)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Williston
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The best of the 3”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

There are three Marriott properties located within 1/4 mile from each other, and I've had the dubious distinction at staying at all of them. For the business traveler, this is clearly the best of the bunch. Yes, the walls are a tad thin. I almost said "God Bless You" when the guy next to me sneezed, but apart from that, no complaints. Flat screen TV was nice. My only complaint was that the dark shower curtain blocked out the bathroom light which made the shower oddly dark, but that's it.

It's the only one of the three to have a working gym. It has a happy hour special with hott apps in the afternoon and my colleagues got coupons for $.50 beers, which you can't beat. And while it's true that you're not located in a picturesque setting, it's near the airport and right next to I-89, so ideal for getting in and out quickly. I had no problems whatsoever here and will surely return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Hingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Room was updated and clean with nice mattrice and big new TV. Hotel is right off highway so easy launch to Stowe or Burlington. Just over $100 for the night made this a happy experience. Enough restaurants within 1-2 miles.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights while on a ski trip to Smuggler's Notch and Bolton Valley with some friends. We arrived late (1am) on a holiday eve, but the clerk was happy to check us into our spacious room. The hotel was very clean, comfortable, and quiet...no complaints there. It also had a pool, hot tub, and a small gym, which were nice perks. The lobby had a computer station with a printer, but unfortunately the printer did not work but the helpful staff printed my documents for me at the front desk for free. The hotel is located in a commercial area just off the interstate, easy to locate but about 10-15 mins drive from the action in Burlington. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
North Eastham,MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

I have stayed at the beautiful Courtyard in Keene,NH and the outstanding Courtyard by Montreal Dorval Airport. This is what I THOUGHT I would get here in Burlington. Oh, how wrong I was!!!

As OPs have mentioned, paper thin walls. Noise from here there and everywhere. Highly overpriced for what I received. The Days Inn Colchester is 40% less and offers up a nice continental breakfast with rooms overlooking a river valley. Here I was in a wind-swept barren industrial park setting on the outskirts of town that could have been Des Moines, no Vermont charm at all. Marriott tries to position Courtyard to be their competing brand to Hilton's Hampton Inn....but the Hampton Inn Colchester is miles ahead of this Courtyard, there is no comparison whatsoever.

Front desk staff were sullen and morose, going through the motions. I remember when Bill Marriott used to say that things had to be right because it was his name on the door, guess that doesn't mean anything any more.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
CYGuestService, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Dear Guest,

I'm happy to hear you've had a good experience at two other Courtyard's and thank you for being a loyal Marriott guest. I wish that you had had a better experience at our property and do apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations.

The other two properties you mentioned have recently been renovated to the new Courtyard Bistro concept. You will be happy to hear that we have plans in place to renovate to that contemproary Courtyard in the very near future. Breakfast, as is the case in all Courtyard's will continue to be offered for a fee. We offer a high quality, full buffett breakfast, with fresh fruit, pastries, fresh eggs, bacon and sausage in addition to hot and cold cereal options. Our breakfast is a great deal more extensive than what is offered for free in other hotel chains. We also offer a menu featuring Vermont products and will continue to do so in the future.

We look forward to serving your accomodation needs in the future and encourage you to try us once our renovations have been completed. Thank you for your comments.

Shannon Moore
Nashua, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Hotel in nice location right off highway...Room clean & neat...but.....The walls were so thin I swear I heard a pin drop in the next room. It was impossible to have a conversation or even do "anything" else as the guests in next door rooms would hear everything. Also the TV was a old tube type & very small...NEEDS UPDATING! Would recommend to a friend but I would warn him/her about these 2 things!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
CYGuestService, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston, responded to this review, October 18, 2010
Dear JPNNH,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience on TripAdvisor and for choosing Courtyard by Marriott for your recent stay in Vermont.

I am happy your found our accomodation to be neat and clean as we do our very best to uphold Marriott's stringent standards for service and quality. I was disapointed that you found the rooms did not meet your expectations for privacy and quiet. Unfortunately we can not change the constrcution of our rooms but I can guess that perhaps the room you stayed in had a adjoing door that may have contributed to it being louder than expected. We do have a number of rooms with out this door and would suggest that for a future stay.

On a final note we are upgrading our televisions by the December to 37" flat screens with HD capabilty so that is something to look forward to if you find yourself back in Vermont for a visit.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Shannon Vassar
St. Paul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

My four star rating is not indicating that this is a "four-star" luxury place. Rather, that for a standard Marriott it was a good place to stay and met our expectations. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was sufficient, ice was nearby, and the pool and hot tub were working and not crowded.

The free internet station to print out our tickets was a nice feature, too.

Most importantly, everything was very clean and the rooms were quiet.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear GregandJill,

Thank you for taking the time to provide comments regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Taft Corners.

We are pleased that you found your accomodations comfortable and clean. We endeavor to set the highest standards for cleanliness and service and are happy to have achieved that in your experience.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

So so for a Marriott. The rooms were nice, size was not an issue, had 2 queen beds. TVs still have not been updated, regular tube. Fitness center is tiny, 2 treadmills, elliptical and a weight bench. Pool is small, hot tub (aka the spa) is nice. The girl at check-in was a sweetheart.
Major complaint and why I do not recommend this hotel is the deceptive breakfast practice, I know sounds funny. Our rate dis not include breakfast, found this out as my mom made her plate on a wide open buffet. There are no signs in the breakfast area indicating the buffet is not included. If it were only a sitdown restaurant I would not have expected signs, there is no hostess. There are no signs at the front desk. I spoke to the manager who said it should have been mentioned at check in (was not) and the sign she spoke about in the elevator is a joke (breakfast options are available). In the end we paid for my moms breakfast, $9.85, which she described as fair. I'll be heading somewhere else, hopefully it will involve maple syrup.

• Stayed September 2010
Thank you for making time to write your comments regarding your stay on TripAdvisor. While we endeavor to be more than "so-so" I am happy to hear you felt our accomodations were clean and comfortable and that your enjoyed the service provided by our talented guest service staff.

I understand your concern regarding breakfast and not being informed that there was a charge. We try to offer this information to every guest at check in but it sounds like this did not happen in your case and I sincerely apologize for the lack of clear information. Our effort going forward will be to make sure the front desk and dining room staff are informing all of our guests about our full hot buffet breakfast and the costs associated.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Burlington Williston? Share your experiences!