“The Elixir is The Elixir For The Perfect WRJ Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Elixir Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Eclectic
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Wilmington, North Carolina
“The Elixir is The Elixir For The Perfect WRJ Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My train was late into White River Junction. I dropped my bags at the Hotel Coolidge, weary and famished. The front desk staff suggested two choices, and I am sure the Elixir was the better one. The restaurant is located in the former Central Vermont RR freight house, so the brick walls and tall windows give it plenty of atmosphere. I was cheerfully seated by the hostess, and the waiter was attentive throughout the night. I started with a locally brewed IPA and munched on slices of a baguette with the restaurant's signature olive oil/bourbon dipping sauce. There were two menus - the standard and the daily specials. I chose the pork tenderloin with spicy quinoa, and it was scrumptious. After a long day, the Elixir is the perfect ending.

Concord, New Hampshire
“Hidden Gem in White River Junction, just minutes from Route 91”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Having to spend a night in White River Junction, VT while traveling, my friend and I were originally planning on having dinner in Hanover, NH just up the road. After a conversation in a local shop where the owner suggested this as an option- we thought why not give it a try. It was awesome! Much better ambiance then dealing with tourists in Hanover. Interesting location in an old freight house but tastefully decorated with a very cool bar. Would have been just as happy to have sat at the bar. Staff was friendly, attentive and dining was nicely paced. Restaurant noise was comfortable even with a full house.. Menu is not expansive but they do have daily specials and what they do have they do well. We started with the Baked Figs...warm figs, bacon, blue cheese with toast. I'd go back there just for that! I had the Crunchy Peanut Chicken and my friend had the Nori Rolls. We both cleaned our plates. Pleased with the wine list and creative cocktails too.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Fine dining? Oh yeah!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Visited Elixir last year after reading some of their reviews. I work in the area on occasion and have tried many of the area restaurants. Now I only go to Elixir. It's that good. We always get the truffle fries they truly are addictive. Stepped out of the box and got the cauliflower soup and it was unbelievably good. We have had many outstanding meals there, the scallops are great, the petite cocoa dusted filet mignons delicious, the shrimp risotto cakes, the salmon, it's all really good. Recently I had a short rib special with polenta and braised red cabbage and it was so delicious we went back the next night with hopes it would still be on the menu. A memorable dish. The wine list is good as well and the bar always seems to be hopping. We usually make reservations because the place is busy even on a Tuesday or Wednesday.
Can't wait 'til we return...

“Elixir Saved The Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This little restaurant is a diamond in the rough! A few weeks ago I participated in my nursing commencement ceremony. My family drove up for the special occasion. We did not make reservations for dinner because we did not want to miss the reservations if the ceremony went on too long. The first place we went to was in Lebanon, NH. After waiting 20 min. without a soul approaching us, one of my family members went to the manager and let them know that we were celebrating a special day and that we were leaving. We all walked out hungry and disappointed. I quickly hopped on my phone and searched for places in the area and that is when I found Elixir. It is located in the historic part of WRJ and is tucked away like a little secret. When we arrived during prime dinner hours without a reservation, the hostess did what she could to squeeze us in. The waitress provided excellent service and everything was fantastic right down to the bread with fresh pesto. Everyone in my party had the cocoa dusted petits filets mignon and it did not disappoint! I will absolutely be back when I am in the area. What started out as a disaster to a joyous occasion ended up being the perfect ending to a perfect day! Thanks Elixir!

• Visited May 2014
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Country Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stopped by based on reviews and they proved correct. Had an excellent meal of scallops and a salad. Partner had the mussels. Very creative dishes, excellent presentation, and attentive service. Not ones for dessert but could not resist the homemade ice cream and brownie.

Will return next time through the area and look forward to trying different menu items.
BTW the wine and drink specials were also excellent.

• Visited May 2014