“Dirty, Overpriced, Needs Work” 2 of 5 stars
Review of White River Inn and Suites

You added White River Inn and Suites to your Saves list
White River Inn and Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   91 Ballardvale Dr, White River Junction, Hartford, VT 05001   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Dirty, Overpriced, Needs Work”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

$150 dollars paid and I decided to sleep clothed as the room was so dirty. I know they are doing the hotel up and thats fine, but for now it's not good.

At breakfast there wasn't enough tables and the breakfast lady was scary.

It's in an area with loads of over hotels, go give one of the others a try.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
busherman, General Manager at White River Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. I was surprised to read you were not happy with your accommodations and my staff's performance. I can assure you that what you experienced is not the norm. My staff and I strive to ensure all our guest leave happy and it is our goal to provide clean, comfortable and most importantly affordable accommodations.

On October 18, 2010 we started a major renovation of the hotel. We are adding 2 more floors and creating 72 1 bedroom suites with full kitchens and living areas. We expect to be completed by early summer 2011.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Arcade, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

This hotel is a former Econo Lodge and is apparently in the process of renovation. Room numbers are confusing. Building one has numbers that all start with "1" regardless of which floor they are on. I had to go back to the desk to find my room, hauling my big suitcase all over behind me. In the process I met a couple who had been assigned a room that had no furniture, no carpeting, and nothing on the walls. At least they had a room. Being an older property the amenities are worn and the halls smell musty, old. The internet did work fine. They have an average breakfast, typical continental fare. Being aware, I checked the bedding for bugs and found none, BUT I did find a very gross dirty gym sock stuffed down by the head of the bed. The one good thing is that this area fancies itself a tourist mecca and other properties in the area were all priced $120+ for a night. This was in the high $80's range.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review my property. Your review helps us to ensure future guests have a better experience staying with us. We are currently working on a major renovation and your comments regarding the numbering will be taken into consideration. The other party that was mentioned by the reviewer was in fact checked into a room that was gutted by mistake. The room was supposed to have been removed from the hotel's inventory that day, however a clerical error removed the wrong room. The guests that were checked into the wrong room were given a complimentary room upgrade to compensate for our error.
Springfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Used to be an econolodge. They have renovated one side. Ask for the new side and your room will be fine.

Microwave, new carpet, new beds and bedding. No frills, but for the price it's right.

The older side can be hit or miss and I wouldn't stay there for more than 70 bucks a night.

The pool area is okay. It used to be nasty...I think they recently cleaned up, power washed, and lit it up a bit more for night time.

Bottom line, The New side is nice, the old side....stay at your own risk. The pool area is okay. If you are looking to crash and go....great. If you are looking for a nice place to stay with the family for a week....this may not be the place.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
busherman, General Manager at White River Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 3, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. My staff and I have worked very hard to correct the shortcomings that other reviewers have encountered in the past. Your kind words ahve shown us that our hard work is paying off. We are currently undergoing a multi milliion dollar renovation to the property which we hope will be completed by Late Spring 2011.
Taunton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

I had some trepidation when booking due to previous reviews but decided to take the chance. We had 2 queen beds and the room was spacious. Price was good at $110. I called directly to reserve the room after Hotels.com indicated there was no vacancy for the night I needed. Clean and well maintained facility. Very friendly staff. Breakfast was sufficient although I'd like to see some protein in the lineup: HB eggs or cheese. The eating area for breakfast did make us feel like we were in a corridor (which we were) and most of the table/chairs were on a slanting floor. We did have trouble locating the hotel as there wasn't an exterior sign to help us. They had just switched over from Econolodge to White River Inn & Suites and the signage was not functioning apparently.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
busherman, General Manager at White River Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel. Your kinds words tell us that we are doing things right. We will take into consideration your suggestion to upgrade the breakfast selections once our multi million dollar renovations are complete.
Camden, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

Stayed here two nights in late June and loved it. Nice Pool AND workout center. Staff is nice. Very comfortable rooms. Rates are a bit high but worth the price.

I believe that this Econolodge is or about to, revert to a private hotel or condos or something like this.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
busherman, General Manager at White River Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2010
Our name has changed from the White River Junction Econo Lodge to the White River Inn and Suites. We a poised to undertake a multi-million dollar renovation which we hope to start in September. Our plan is to convert 2 of our 3 buildings to 1 bedroom suites with full kitchens and living areas. Plans call for adding 2 more stories to the buildings as well. Our direct contact number is 800-370-4656.
Lowell, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

Our first time staying at this chain of hotels, we were very impressed! The room & bathroom were very clean. The bed was comfortable. Pool & hot tub is open until 10 pm, and was very relaxing after a long day out and about.
Breakfast is your typical, coffee, O.J., cereal, mini muffins, we brought back to our room. We did have a refrigerator, micowave, and 4 cup coffee maker in room.
We had requested the first floor, which was nice, because the rooms all have a slider door to the outside, with small patio, or balcony on upper floors. Maid service was fine, we had requested extra bath towels, and were there upon request. I can not complain about anything.
We will return, loved the area, and Quechee Gorge!

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We aer working very hard to create a clean, comfortable and economical lodging choice in White River Junction. We are currently undertaking a major renovation of the property which when completed will hopefully make us the "Place to Stay" in the Upper Valley.
Old Greenwich, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

This is a relatively inexpensive place to stay. It's not a 5 start motel by any means, but with a little work it could be 4 stars. Our room was clean, big, though by no means new. The grounds were clean, as was the office area, and the place felt safe. The breakfast fare wasn't all that wonderful, though neither was it bad, and it was free. Staff was friendly, location was good for our needs, and we'd go back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to White River Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!