“Clean, Comfortable & Economical” 5 of 5 stars

You added White River Inn and Suites to your Saves list
White River Inn and Suites
91 Ballardvale Dr, White River Junction, Hartford, VT 05001   |
katelyn86
“Clean, Comfortable & Economical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

We were very cautious about staying here after reading a few of the reviews on trip advisor. However, the town was sold out, so this was our only option. We were pleasantly surprised with the service we received. We felt the hotel was older, but was very clean. All in all, a good value for the price we paid!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Manahawkin, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

A friday night in leaf peeping season caused me to book this hotel. Even with the over 60 rate I thought it high for the level of this hotel. The other places (3) in this same area were booked or more expensive and it was a brief overnight on our way elsewhere.

No problems, but it is a very ordinary hotel. Breakfast was only served until 9 am on a weekend day. 6 to 9. It was OK but below average.

There were some shady looking people around but we just hunkered down and relaxed in our room which with a king bed no smoking was quite large and comfortable although on the first floor . I had requested a second floor in order to leave drapes open and not hear the footsteps of children above. Not really a problem however.

I thought the pool was really nice although no towels were available. It was large enough to swim laps, and had a large rectangular wading pool for youngsters. That could be great for small kids, There was also a large hot tub spa thing but it needed some upkeep and attention to the spouts.

• Liked — Easy access to the highway, and the pool
  • Disliked — Shabbiness and no good restaurants nearby
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2008

An absolutely terrible hotel. We stayed in the "B" buildng furtest from the front desk. The halls smelled lock a dirty locker room. When we entered the room the eighties started calling wanting their decor back. Thankfully this was a room to crash in, nothing more, because the problems really started when we got back that night.

The sheets on my bed were so old and worn, they were pilled up (little nubs of threads). The bathroom had mold growing on the walls and the showerhead barely worked. At three AM I woke up wondering, "what is that noise?"

I realized it was raining outside and what I was hearing was the rain hitting the roof, if the roof was a FEMA blue tarp right over my head, it sounded like we were sleeping in a tent and went well beyond, "pleasant white noise,"

The furntiure was cheap, the bathroom door frame to the toilet and shower was so warped you had to slam it to get it to close, and you could hear all the noises out in the hallway.

The "free breakfast" is an utter joke. They were out of coffee, the apple danish were frozen solid like a rock - we just went to a different place and were glad to be gone. For $108 before tax, the words, "complete ripoff," come to mind. I would have slept better in my rental car. There are plenty of hotels all in the same area, literally one next to each other sharing parking lots, spend a few extra dollars and sleep a lot better.

• Liked — That I was able to check out and leave
  • Disliked — Truly, everything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
busherman, General Manager at White River Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2009
The Econo Lodge White River Junction is under new Management as for November 2008. Our gaol is to provide clean, comfortable lodging at an economical price. We are working diligently to correct many of the problems past guests encountered staying with us. We have expanded our continental breakfast offerings which now include hot waffles, fresh fruit and assorted pastries and breads.

We realize our past reviews are negative at best but we hope you will look past them and give us a try. You will not be disappointed.
Shaftsbury, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2008

You get what you pay, in this case I'd say we paid a little to much. Ok I don't expect much from an Econo Lodge to bigin with, and I would stay in one normally, but my in-laws were told this was the best place to stay if you were going in the hopital [not even close].

The outside of the building hasn't been updated since it was a HoJo. The rooms and the hall way smelled just awfull, and they sprayed some sort of sent to cover up the smell, but that just made it worse. Our blanket [yes more than one] had burn wholes in them [funny to find in a non smoking hotel]. There was one handicap parking space for the whole property [I think that's a zoning issue]. The lady at the front desk was outside smoking when we got there, and she told me to wait, she'd be in when she finished.

Although I didn't find any evendence I felt all night like I had stuff crawling on me. There are much better place in the area, don't make the mistake of staying here.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — let me count the ways...I con't decide what was the worse
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

My son and I checked in to this hotel only to see a lovely new Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn across the street. I said to myself it will be fine as long as it is clean. Well, staying here was a mistake - the room had a terrible odor and the carpet did not appear clean. The showers had mildew stains...hard to explain but it was pretty awful. Do not stay here - it is not worth the money saved!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The smell
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Santa Cruz, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

This hotel is old and creepy. The decoration is depressing and the staff won't say hi back to you, so don't even bother. The towels were so stained they looked nasty, and my bedroom smelled like chewing tobacco spit. It is not worth the money! Also, the shower was clogged. YUK

• Disliked — Not clean
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lake Mary, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2008

On the plus side, they seem to keep everything pretty clean. There is a breakfast with pastries and juice.

On the minues side.

The side door to the hotel does not lock. Anyone off the street could walk in.

The hotel is very dated, and the furniture is old and worn but it is basically clean.

The parking lot is not well lit at all and small for the hotel.

When our toilet was clogged, they didn't fix it; they just brought us a plunger in a bucket.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — having to plunge out our own toilet
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to White River Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!