“Awesome experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   121 Ballardvale Road, White River Junction, Hartford, VT 05001   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

The friendly staff at the White River Junction Holiday Inn Express went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant. The room was delightfully spacious and spotless. The breakfast was plentiful and varied. The front desk staff even worked to find us a room in the city we were traveling to the next evening. It was a wonderful night. We wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed October 2012
Sarah B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you RogK!
Your willingness to share your experience is important to all of us at the Holiday Inn Express White River. I will be sharing your feedback with the staff as they always enjoy reading about guest experiences with us. I am so happy to hear that the staff assisted you with reservations for your next destination. We hope that you will visit us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Noank, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

As an older woman, traveling alone is anxiety provoking to me. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express in White River Junction, Vermont eased my worries. After being greeted by GM, MS. Benedict, I checked in to a lovely, clean room. I was due to attend a bridal shower in an unfamiliar area, always an anxiety trigger, fear of getting lost. The front desk attendant helped me get exact directions to the location. I was able to find the wedding shower without a hitch thanks to their kind help. The next morning the breakfast pancakes were great. Thank you for a great experience!

Room Tip: the second floor was great
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hello Caroline!
Thank you for your comments! It brings me great pleasure to know that you were taken care of while visiting our property! We hope that you will choose us again for your lodging needs. Please feel free to contact me directly if you need assistance with future reservations! Thank you again!
Montreal, QC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were a large group of 8 adults and we had booked 2 suites for our long-weekend stay. As we had booked through Hotwire, the hotel wanted to accommodate us with two rooms, each with one king size bed and a pull out sofa. Unfortunately, we were 3 adults in one room and 5 adults in the other - so the room selection did not work for us. The hotel agent was not only able to provide us with another room type, but she was very friendly and helpful. Now we know to book directly with the hotel in the future when we have such specific requests, but I do have to commend their excellent service. The included breakfast has something for everyone, and they keep a close eye on everything to keep it all fresh. Rooms were clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I am so happy to hear that though your reservations details were inaccurate that we were able to help accomodate the number of people in your party! At times these issues can occur, it is important to us that all of our guests are comfortably accommodated and we do our best to rectify any of these issues. Thank you for your review and I hope you visit us again in the future!
Winooski, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here on our annual foliage trip. While it was busy in the hotel the staff was very attentive and helpful. From making sure we had all we wanted to recommending a nice local eatery, I found the advice (and directions) very helpful. Our room was great, clean and cozy. The breakfast was good.
Check out went without effort. Overall I thought it was a very good experience and will probably stay there again during next years foliage tour.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review Ben T! I will be sharing your review with the hotel staff as they are always pleased to know that they have been helpful with our guests. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your guest room! We look forward to having you stay with us next year! Thank you again!
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our room needed some intensive cleaning -- especially around the edges. Washcloths were missing and beds appeared to be made up in a hurry. We checked in on a Saturday and our room was $193 which must have been the reason for higher rate. Had no problem with breakfast selection. On checkout spoke to staff regarding condition of room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarah B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property. I would like to apologize for the lack of attention the staff gave to the cleanliness and detail of your guest room. Your comments have been reviewed with our housekeeping department to ensure issues of this nature are not repeated in the future. I hope that you will consider giving us another chance. Please contact me directly for any additional comments you may have.
Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Just stayed there last night; the place was busy. Checkin and checkout went well with payment/ billing issues solved efficently at checkout. Found the front desk staff friendly and efficent. Place was clean and seemed to be 'up-to-date' for my taste.

Breakfast was good and the Business Center worked well but no phone was located there causing me to go back to my room and use the phone - no signal available to my cellphone due to the location of the Business Center (interior walls?). Cellphone worked well in my room. Parking in a garage located below the building is a nice touch. I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor! We are always pleased when previous guests make note of the unique features and service we provide them. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the accomodations suited your needs! We hope you visit our property again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel for business for 3 years straight and have to say that the place is starting to look dated and tired compared other HI Expresses I've stayed in this year. From the design to the breakfast, this place is losing it's charm. The staff was attentive and the Priority Club goodie bag was a nice touch that I wish more places would do.

My room was "ok" at best. The room was clean but not exceptional. The room seemed "cheap" and not worth the cost I've paid for it. The only complaint I had was the filthy and mildewed shower curtain that I had to ask to get changed. It was disgusting and was surprised that the housekeeping missed something so obvious.

The breakfast wasn't impressive either. I wish the HI Express would have fresher hot breakfast choices rather than the pre-made and microwaved choices they seem to offer. From the chewy eggs and rubber sausage, it's best barely passable for eats if you had a hangover and were starving.

I think I'll give the Hampton or Fairfield next door a try next year instead.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sarah B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback. We are currently in the process of making some upgrades to our rooms which you may find enjoyable. I sincerely apologize for your experience with the shower curtain in your room; the situation has been addressed so as it will not be repeated in the future. I hope that you will give us a second chance. Please contact me personally and I will gladly make a reservation for you. Thank you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction? Share your experiences!