“It is now my favorite brand of hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn White River Junction

You added Hampton Inn White River Junction to your Saves list
Hampton Inn White River Junction
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   104 Ballardvale Drive, Intersection of I-91 and I-89, White River Junction, Hartford, VT 05001   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION
“It is now my favorite brand of hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I chose the Hamptom Inn in White River Jct., VT to get away from my busy, busy house! I just needed a break from the hustle and bustle we call life! LOL! The hotel is gorgeous, clean and the staff very accomadating... And the best part is the bed and the duvet cover!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed one night 30th Dec 2012, the lady who checked us in on that night was very friendly. Very helpful, when asked if they had milk for my toddler, got up without question and brought out the right amount for a toddler! Clean, nice spacious rooms. We had connecting rooms.
Only thing is that in White River Junction, restaurants nearby are closed Sun and Mon for dinner. Loved the spacious dining area with sofa / TV, nice area for my young children to hang out when the area was empty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Queensbury, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Hotel was clean, staff was friendly - overall a great stay. Had a small problem with the room and the situation was taken care of immediately. Kids had a great time in the pool, we enjoyed the coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cookies that were in the lobby in the evening. Breakfast area was clean, attendent was lovely and she constantly restocked items as necessary.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The warm pool was a treat after being out in the cold weather.

The breakfast was really good, and the staff was helpful. We liked the cookies, and the hot chocolate which was available all day.

Our room was really clean, but we would have preferred to have had bigger beds. Full-sized beds don't cut it for tall people traveling with a family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is the first time that I've stayed at this location.
I felt that some of the facility and parts of my room were a bit dated.
The woman at the desk said that the hotel was scheduled to under go renovations soon.
I would have given 4 stars but had 3 specific issues ... no answer at the desk, a bad heating system, and poor internet experience.
The perfect storm I'm afraid. : -)
The heater in my room (#207) was a big clunky box of a thing...really old. I wouldn't have minded but it made a horrible sound with both heat and a/c. Luckily it was a mild night...so, I was fine with it turned off.
The internet issue should not have happened...it should have been an easy fix. -- After I got settled in my room, I tried to click on the hhonors link that came up for available internet connections. It would not connect.
I tried calling the desk, but it rang and rang. (I had observed the woman behind the desk when I checked in and she was very busy ... not answering the phone at that time, so I assumed it was still the case.)
Back to the internet issue ... I was told out upon check-out the next morning was that there was an AT&T link that I should have used/clicked on. (She said, "the hhonors link does not work.")
ugh!
I just assumed that the hhonors was the correct link and the AT&T belonged to a nearby business or hotel so I didn't even try the AT&T one.
There should have been a card or notation at check in to let customers know "not" to use the hhonors connection link.
As I mentioned in the title though ... the staff were all helpful and polite. They went out of their way when I asked questions. I watched them with other staff and they were polite to them also.
I would try this hotel again ... especially after renovations are done.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Herminie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed there for a week for business. For the most part it wasn't bad. After a quick stay at the Boston Chelsea because of missed connections back to my home airport, though, it could use some work (many hotels could). Still if your staying in the area I would still recommend it. The breakfast was very nice and I liked the fresh fruit daily. One of the maid's I think the 3rd day took a quick vaccum to my room since it was showing some wear and tear (again long stay there) which I appreciated. Staff were supper friendly and helpful even trying to find my church in the area. My favorite part was the pool I was actually a nice size for a hotel pool and the water was a great temperature. More hotels could follow that example. I would suggest though to spruce up the pool area visit the Hamptoin in Danbury, CT for decorating ideas. I would add a lot. I'm still a van of the hampton hotels my overall experience has been very good much better than some well known hotel chains.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Hampton Inns are low cost hotels that don't try to wow anyone. They give you a bed to sleep on, some low quality toiletries, and a free breakfast in the morning that professes to be nothing more than edible. This Hampton Inn did all those things.
I mean, it's a Hampton, don't go in expecting much.
If you need to stay more than a few nights be sure to ask for a fridge, they have a few they rotate between rooms. If you need a microwave, they have on in the common area downstairs you can use.
The staff was very friendly, they gave me 4 Oreos and a bottle of water for my Hilton Honors Diamond Member welcome gift, which I thought was cute.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn White River Junction? Share your experiences!