“Needs room update” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn White River Junction

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn White River Junction to your Saves list
Hampton Inn White River Junction
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   104 Ballardvale Drive, Intersection of I-91 and I-89, White River Junction, Hartford, VT 05001   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Needs room update”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We recently stayed at Hampton Inn White River Junction, Vt for a weekend. The staff was very friendly and when we arrived our room was ready. The room was large with a king bed and large screen tv. The first thing we noticed was a very noisy heater fan which cycled on and off. I just decided to shut the fan off so that we would not have to listen to the noise all night. The bathroom was a little dated and needed the tub replaced because of rust around the drain. There was also some evidence of mildew in the wall tiles. Generally the beds at Hampton Inns are very comfortable but we found the king bed to be very soft and not as comfortabe as we had found at other Hampton Inns. They served a excellant continental breakfast with good variety of breads, muffins, waffles and two hot choices. Also in the evening the guests are treated with homemade cookies in the breakfast area. All in all it was a fairly good stay but the room we stayed in does need a update.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high and away from the highway.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

270 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

We were looking for a hotel for two nights near Quechee that had a pool. While the reviews seemed mixed, we decided to give it a shot. Good thing we did - the Hampton Inn was right off the highway (it's right next to the HI Express), with plenty of parking, a nice serve-your-own breakfast that was more than just a Continental, and a great indoor pool. Our rooms were clean, with white duvets and comfortable mattresses. We booked connecting rooms - one with two queens and one with a king and a couch for my dad who was babysitting our children.

We used the wifi without any issues. While you are close to the highway, you're off a side road so it's nice and quiet. There aren't many restaurants nearby but in the nearby towns there is quite a lot to do and see. It's perfect for a family gathering, romantic night away, or just a fun family trip to the mountains. We're planning another trip to the area and will stay again.

The staff was friendly and helpful - they had samples of various snacks and goodies that they gave us, and they arranged for me to print something in their office when I had trouble with the printer in the business center. I travel quite a bit for work and stay in many upscale hotels that don't have the level of service as this hotel did.

Rates are cheapest on their own site - by about $10 per night.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Although this hotel is not well marked, once you find it you will be
glad you booked it. Breakfast offers quite a variety of choices and there is more seating than you'd usually find for a small hotel. There is free internet and tea/coffee is always available in the lobby. The rooms are very clean and well appointed and the beds very comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We were in the area for appointments at DHMC which is a very easy commute from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Clermont, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

The room was a standard size for newer Hamptons, the bed was comfortable but as usual, only four standard pillows on a king bed is just wrong--they should offer at least five if not six.

Room was clean and fresh, generally comfortable. Lot's of lights with working and bright bulbs--a big plus.

They should consider adding a minifrdge, it makes a huge difference for some of us.

My room wasn't ready when I arrived around 2:00, but I was early so I can't hold that against them. The receptionist suggested a locally owned restaurant (I love eating "locally" when I travel) and I went for a late lunch--it was a great suggestion. My room was ready when I returned.

Everything was fine until the next morning when I woke up early to get some work done before my meetings began, only to find no Internet access. For the next four hours the Internet was down, and I wasn't able to get my work done.

It was a major inconvenience and I felt unprofessional when I arrived at my client's site unprepared. Although the front desk apologized, it didn't make up for the inconvenience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
MrsMLSmyth, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn White River Junction, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Dear Lovescabs,
Oh Dear! It sounds like we hit the mark for some things but not for the pillows or the Internet connection. Just for future reference if you ever experience any problems or concerns please call our Front Desk. Ashlee, Donna, Niomi,Vicki, Evgenia, and Dan are here for our guests not simply to check you in and do the paperwork ,but to smooth your entire stay with us. Please call on them for even the smallest details. Also if you are a member of Hilton HHonors Program (a free points and miles reward program by Hilton) you can adjust your preferences to reflect your desire for more pillows. Each day as rooms are assigned to arriving guests our Front Desk consults the profile preferences of any Hilton HHonors members to ensure that all requests are met. We can easily leave six pillows in your room rather than the Hilton/Hampton Standard of four.
Now to the Internet problems! Once again I would urge you to contact the Front Desk. We know the internet is a vital link for our business travelers and we always have a little "trick" up our sleeve to help get you connecticed. If the hotel is truly not connected or the hardware is down we do have other possible ways of getting you connected. Please give our Front Desk a try to help you out. Simply press "0" on your phone and you will be connected to the Front Desk instantly. I hope this helps and hope to see you again here at the Hampton Inn White River. Thanks so much for staying with us! Warm Regards, Mary Lee Smyth
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

This is a nice hotel in a quiet area, close to some other hotels. We had a great welcome from Ashlee on reception who was always very pleasant and helpful.
The room was large, nicely decorated, well equipped and very clean. The bed was also very comfortable.
Breakfast had a lot of choice and was very nice. The ladies working in the breakfast room do a great job.
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would definitely return if we are in the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor, they are usually the quietest.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We booked this hotel on a very busy weekend while visiting Dartmouth. Since this hotel was not as close to Hanover as we originally hoped, we were skeptical. However, our room was very clean, the staff was friendly, and the free breakfast was good.

I would recommend this hotel for parents/travelers in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

I spent a week here while attending Baking School at King Arthur's. This is why I liked the Hampton Inn.

The hotel is conveniently located near major roads. The staff is friendly and eager to help. Parking is close to the entrance.

There is a plate of freshly baked cooking, apples and bananas available in the lobby. The breakfast bar coffee and tea are also available, as are the plastic plates and eating utensils. The breakfast area has a full sized microwave, convenient for making popcorn or heating dinner or snack food.

USA Today is delivered at your door each morning.

The room was large. All the lights in the room are bright, suitable for reading or working. The lights by the bed swiveled for better availability. The bed sheets are thick and smooth, good quality.

The bed has a duvet which is washed for each guest.There is a choice of bed pillows. There was a nice, upholstered chair with a big ottoman.

The room is filled with conveniences: an iron, an ironing board, all toiletries, a large supply of towels, a clock radio, a curved shower curtain for more space, and a portable wooden desk tray, Wireless Internet, outlets on the desk lamp.

The exercise room has a nice recumbent exercise bike.

In short, this Hampton makes a great home-away-from-home.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
MrsMLSmyth, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn White River Junction, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Dear Brendajanefrank, Wow! Thank you so much! You know we usually only hear when we have not hit the mark. To hear that we did everything so well makes us all so proud. Here are the names of the people who try so hard to make things go right-Amanda, Svetlana, Vanessa, Kim, Arlene, Amanda A., Debbie, Terri and Katie. Needless to say this review is posted prominently on our news board. Thank you from the bottom of our collective hearts for saying such nice things! We appreciate it and we hope you will visit us again soon. Warmly, Mary Lee Smyth, Director of Sales.

Been to Hampton Inn White River Junction? Share your experiences!