“Avoid if you need WiFi” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 White River Junction

You added Super 8 White River Junction to your Saves list
Super 8 White River Junction
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   442 North Hartland Rd, I-91 Exit 11, Route 5 South 1/4 Mile, White River Junction, Hartford, VT 05001   |
Mesa
“Avoid if you need WiFi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I selected this hotel in large part from the reviews here. While I have to agree the room was spacious and well appointed, there are a few things worth noting. (1) WiFi was not available from our room and nothing was being done to fix that. This is very important to us and one of our factors in selecting a hotel. (2) The breakfast offering was the worst of any hotel I have ever been to. There was a huge empty counter. They had a loaf of soft bread; they had cheap pre-packaged cinnamon rolls and pre-made disgusting toaster waffles, neither of which looked at all appealing; and they had 2 kinds of cereal. At least there were a few bananas available. That was it. From these reviews, I was prepared for and English Muffin or a bagel but didn’t even get that. (3) There was a large bug in the bathtub when we arrived. This can happen and at least there were no bedbugs. (4) The front desk woman was efficient but abrasive which was not a pleasant start to our stay there. I would spend a little more money and get a little nicer place next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Karen C, Manager at Super 8 White River Junction, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
I'm sorry that you were less than comfortable during your recent stay with us. I will look into why the breakfast was missing so many items that day. English Muffins, yogurt and oatmeal, to name a few. We have a new and improved WiFi system and I'm sorry that you had trouble at the time of your stay. If you would like to contact me, I would be happy to give you a discount on a future stay. I hope you will consider giving us another chance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Have stayed here various times whilst I work and my husband stays in the room.
Rooms are clean and spacious, breakfast starts early at 0600, which is convenient as I need to leave by 0630.
The only downside is that people in adjacent rooms smoke standing in the doorway, and if you want your window open, the cigarette smell lingers in; also there is something in the air, as when we stay here, I have a dry hacking cough due to allergies. I can pick up on the carpet freshner, much to my detriment.
I wish that they would assign a block of rooms as NO SMOKING - not even in the doorway. If you want to smoke, then go upstairs or the rooms on the street side. I am sure that they do not realize how sensitive some people are to smoke, and I am one of them.
Per my husband, breakfast is OK.
By the way, some rooms have flat screen TVs and others have the old kind. THey should update all to flat screen, though it still cuts out at least a third of the viewing screen

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Charlton, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The location (near, but not on the interstate and major Vermont highways) and the recently-redecorated rooms make this 2-story motel a good bet for "leaf-peepers" and travelers to Vermont. Many of the state's attractions are easily within a less-than-two-hour drive.
New Hampshire is less than 10 minutes away.

Beds, pillows, linens, and tv were fine, and decor was pleasant.

Rooms on the road-side CAN be noisy in the early morning, but we were able to "re-sleep" between truck sounds. Perhaps better to ask for a room in the back, near the pool. As with most motels, first floor rooms MAY be subject to foot sounds from rooms above.

Breakfast was undistinguished, highly carbohydrate-ized. OK to start the day, but not high on the nutrition scale.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back should be quieter than rooms in front
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
East Hartford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed there for 4 nights on vacation from CT. The room was very clean and the staff were very nice. The hotel is in a nice area within a few miles of alot of attractions. The breakfast we decent, it included cereal, bagels, English muffins, coffee, juice, danishes and donuts. I would definitely recomend this hotel to anyone that's going into the area and would stay there again myself.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Westfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times. It has had major renovations over the last year - new wallpaper, carpets, desks, chairs, mirrors, and an expanded breakfast room off the lobby. New bedding is next in line and then they should take a look at updating the bathrooms. Decent breakfast - Coffee, Tea, Juice, Cold Cereal, Bananas, Yogurt. Good price for a double room - $70.00 plus tax.

Only negative is that I've been bitten by bugs there in the summer more than once. They do not do the best job of clearing away the spider webs on the outside of the entry ways and doors. I think the pool on the backside of the hotel attracts all kinds of insects. Very close to the shopping areas areas in West Lebanon, NH and junctions of Interstate 91 and 89.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Given the low price we did not expect much, however everything closer to the White mountains was either full or terribly expensive.
The staff were very friendly, the room much larger than any other Super 8, plenty of room to open 4 suitcases and a baby crib.
Sink with large area conveniently placed outside the bathroom.
Room spotless.
Bonus - outdoor pool open 9:00-9:00

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Breakfast was nearly non existent. One bannana some toaster waffles and some packages of oatmeal. Not particularly clean and the staff not pleasant.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Super 8 White River Junction? Share your experiences!