“First Timer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Abbott's Glen Clothing-Optional Inn and Campground

Abbott's Glen Clothing-Optional Inn and Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Halifax
Abbott's Glen Clothing-Optional Inn and Campground
3542 VT Route 112, West Halifax, VT 05358   |
Special Rate
$139 New Guests Mid-Week
Ranked #1 of 1 West Halifax B&B and Inns
Epping, New Hampshire
“First Timer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We visited Abbott's Glen in June 2013. It was our first visit to a clothing optional resort. We chose Abbott's Glen for two reasons. It is not near our out of state residence so we did not fear running into a familiar face and it is clothing optional so we had the opportunity to ease into the lifestyle. Amy, Lindy and Scooby were great hosts. It was a weeknight early in the season and we were fortunate to have the resort to ourselves. I felt completely relaxed on the property and lost my clothing soon after I got there. The Mrs. is very shy but managed to stay comfortably topless for most of the overnight stay. The grounds were well manicured and the food was amazing. We will go back again next year armed with a little more confidence. I highly recommend Abbott's Glen for any first timers. Amy will put you at ease.

Room Tip: The Meadow View room has a balcony

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hudson, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We visited for the day - and then couldn't wait to make a return trip and stay the weekend. I almost hate to share how wonderful it was, as one of the things that appealed the most was the intimate setting - not crowded, just the right amount of people where we could mingle if we wanted, or feel like we had the place totally to ourselves. The river and "Vermont Beach" and the hot tub were some of our favorite places to hang out. Lindy and Amy are gracious hosts - we couldn't have asked for better, and will definitely visit again!

Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent a wonderfull weekend: walking in the wood, swinmming in the river and the pond, taking a sauna, relaxing in this quiet and natural site.

And what to say about the good breakfast and diner prepared for us!: fresh, healthy and delicious.
We met very nice people all along the weekend and bike in the valley to Jacksonville, Wilmington and the Ledges.

What a nice party on saturday night with dance and good music until after midnight.

Thanks to Amy and Lindy for creating a so charming place!

Marino from Montreal

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I booked 2 nights here the first week that they were open for camping in June and couldn't be happier with the experience. My boyfriend and I felt immediately at home not only due to the tranquil landscape and facilities, but also the genuine welcome from Amy and Lindy.

Nights we enjoyed cooking and playing pool before relaxing in the hot tub, while days we spent exploring the local towns and relaxing under the sun by the river.

Facilities were very clean and homey, landscape gorgeous, company genuine, and camping sites private. I would absolutely recommend Abbotts Glen to any friends or curious explorers who are looking to get away.

New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We have been returning a few times every year as a simple get-away. One can stay cheaply on a camp site or splurge for a room. Granted, a weekend with food included (most yummy and healthful) can strain my wallet, but considering what is offered and the uncrowding guest population, I don't see how they could stay in business and charge less. This is a great place to walk in the woods, enjoy the sunny & sandy beach, and enjoy learning how to relax better. I just wish by birthday suit had a pocket for my water bottle. You will enjoy your stay, it is impossible not to.

Room Tip: To find the best location for your sleep time, visit their website. All is shown.
Millis, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We just spent several days at Abbott’s Glenn, and we can’t wait to go back! In spite of the weather during most of our stay, we had a wonderful time, met friendly people, and were made to feel incredibly welcome. The thick, warm terry cloth robes provided with each room made it possible to go outside briefly without having to get dressed for the unseasonably cold, rainy weather.

We stayed in the Meadow House Suite; it is a truly elegant, beautifully furnished large room with a king-size bed. Meals were an event to look forward to; the guests dined family-style with the Innkeepers, Lindy and Amy, and Amy’s dinner menus were creative, beautifully prepared, and delicious. Breakfasts were served buffet-style, with a variety of choices for everyone. Liz put our room in perfect order each morning, and as a server helped make the meals special.

We enjoyed the hot tub every afternoon and dancing after dinner Friday and Saturday. On our last day the weather was sunny and warm enough to walk down to the river and sun ourselves, socialize, and listen to the river rushing by. We look forward to a return visit when the weather and water are both warm enough for tubing and swimming.

Thanks again, Lindy, Amy, and Liz, for making our stay such a pleasant one.

Room Tip: Carriage House rooms aren't quiet until the dancing in the Sugar Shack is over on Friday and Sat...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sleepy Hollow, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Went for the first time last weekend. What an amazing place. Lindy was a blast, tons of fun, on top of his game and keeps the mechanics going. But, Amy is incredible, her personality is awesome, her cooking was out of this world, best food I have ever had. I didn't try desert because I was just too full.....but I heard it was great. I can't tell you how much I needed a relaxing weekend and that is what I found. I met great people who I am proud to have had the privilege of knowing. Lindy and Amy are the perfect hosts, they will sit and chat or let you do your own thing, they have a knack for seeing what you need. Knowing their job takes a ton of work they make it seem like nothing at all. I can't wait to go back. I have never done the clothing optional thing before but it was great, no pressure but judgments, who knew naked people were so friendly and loved to dance so much!!!. Coming from the conservative background I have I was happy as can be. I have never had such a great, relaxing, fun, wonderful, too many wonderful words to describe time in mylife! I even told my ultra conservative sister to give it a shot!!!!

thank you thank you thank you Lindy, Amy, and Liz ( and of course scooby doo) for a great weekend! thank you for calling us to let us know you had a last minute opening. thank you for sharing your home with us. Just thank you!

Room Tip: they are all great depending on your middle of the night needs you may want to opt out of the carria...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Abbott's Glen Clothing-Optional Inn and Campground? Share your experiences!