“Abbott's Glen is our favorite place to be!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Second Night $99.00
Ranked #1 of 1 West Halifax B&B and Inns
West Springfield, Massachusetts
“Abbott's Glen is our favorite place to be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I found Abbott's Glen 2 years ago and fell in love with it immediately. We are both in our early 30's and found it refreshing to find other couples up there our age. You'll find we're up there most weekends. We have been to many other clothing optional resorts in the northeast and agree that this is the best. Many of the people we've met there have become dear friends of ours. The accommodations are wonderful with all the comforts. No other resort we've been to offers cuisine that even compares to what Amy offers every week. I won't do it justice here, but you owe it to yourself to take a look at the sample menu on the website. We are both physically fit and enjoy the hiking trails, pond, river, and small golf course in the summer for exercise. In the winter we enjoy skating on the pond and sledding. Warming up is as easy as getting in the hot tub or sauna or sitting by one of the wood stoves. We both enjoy a good nightlife and love to dance the night away in Club Sugar Shack with Lindy playing all the best music. Abbot's Glen is truly our favorite place to be.

Room Tip: The website is wonderful at highlighting the features of each room. My husband likes the Suite in t...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Middlebury, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Every time I go to the Glen, I return to "reality" a little more refreshed, rejuvenated, relaxed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I visit the Abbott's Glen one weekend a month. For me it is a beautiful place of peace and tranqulity. I enjoy hearing the croaking of the frogs and the rushing of the river. I love to flop on an inner tube tied to a rock, and float in the fresh cool river. I enjoy having my morning coffee on the garden patio facing the spectacular gardens, while watching the butterflies, luna moths and wide variety of birds. Amy Abbott is a fabulous cook, as well as a wonderful hostess. She prepares and presents wonderful meals with such care and joy. Lindy is a hardworking creative person that puts his heart and sole into creating beautiful stuctures throughout the property. He too, is a very gracious and friendly host. Together, with there wonderful staff, they really work hard to create a true oasis in the VT mountains!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sudbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Always excellent! Every time we stay at Abbott's Glen, it is always excellent. The food is fantastic and accomodations are amazing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

From the moment we arrived, we felt welcome & cared-for. Our suite ("the apartment") was clean, comfy, cozy, & inviting. Amy is a very talented chef, with a fine sense of balance regarding flavors & textures! She kindly made allowances for my dairy intolerance, too. Lindy has a relaxed, easygoing way about him, and a fine sense of fun. Guests & staff were easy to converse with, and fun to be around. I felt so relaxed & comfy! Surprised at myself, first-timer over Memorial Day weekend, age 56, and far from "body beautiful", I was sad to put my clothes back on to go home!

• Stayed May 2012
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Abbott's Glen is a great property with great features - extensive grounds, a river running through the bottom portion, open meadows and a pond for swimming. The owners (Amy and Lindy) are great and extremely welcoming. It is the perfect place for the seasoned naturist.

That said.....I can't recommend it for anyone not already completely comfortably in a nudist environment. My wife has been to nude beaches and some large mega-resorts in Florida or the Caribbean with nude beaches or facilities. She's fine with all of that. She was not fine here. At big properties, you have the ability to blend into the crowd. Abbott's Glen is a small B&B with only 5 or 6 rooms, shared bathrooms and meals at a communal table. It's very social and very personal. You can't lose yourself in the crowd. Unless you are able to be very social with a small group of people while nude, you'll be uncomfortable. It has the environment of a B&B, only nude. Great for seasoned nudists, but I wouldn't recommend it for newbies.

Don't get me wrong, the property is great, the owners are great and my comments are no fault of anyone other than myself - it's just the environment that it is, which turned out to be the wrong choice for us. Small, intimate and personal. For some, it's great. For my wife, it was very uncomfortable. I learned my lesson, and for clothing optional experiences, we'll stick to the more impersonal larger properties from now on.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Sutton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

This was the most relaxing weekend we have ever experienced without leaving the country! It was our first time and it will not be our last. The hosts, guests, food, atmosphere... everything was perfect!!!

Room Tip: Spend a little more for the suite, we will next time.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Abbott's Glen Clothing-Optional Inn and Campground? Share your experiences!