“wonderfull family vacation lodge” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lodge at Mount Snow

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dover
Lodge at Mount Snow
You added Lodge at Mount Snow to your Saves list
393 Route 100 North, P.O. Box 755, Dover, VT 05356   |
Lakewood, New Jersey
“wonderfull family vacation lodge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

we spent 3 weeks the past few years at the lodge with large group during summer..rooms are clean roomy and comfortable.lounge cozy,fun...fireplace in winter......a.c. in summer....staff there to please you....we look foward to returning...nice veiw.....

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

I had a very nice time. Its has 2 hot tubs a pool and fitness room nice bar. Nice clean relaxed atmosphare went back twice in july. It was recomended by a friend and I would recomend it to others. Enjoy your stay and regards to Jim the innkeeper.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

Very dated lodge. When you walk in there is a very strange odor.

Our 1st room... The bed frame was broken. We then moved to a second room where my 3 yr old found a lipstip, beer bottle cap, and a half empty bottle of water under the bed.

Then the next morning when we woke up the power and water were not working.

Do not stay here!

Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2009

My son and I were on a Sunday/Monday ski trip and enjoyed our night at the Lodge. The room was clean, beds were comfortable and food was very good. We especially liked the lounge where we ate in front of the fire and then played Scrabble. The pool table and pinball games were a bonus, too. My son braved the pool. It's in a greenhouse and was 15 degrees outside, so it was pretty chilly. A dip in the hot tub afterwards made up for it. Can't beat the free full breakfast! This is a great ski lodge and we would definitely return.

• Liked — The lounge & pub menu
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Putnam, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2008

I was a bit hesitant to stay here based upon some of the reviews, but was pleasantly surprised. I have stayed in this area many times at different motels/hotels so I know the area. If you are looking for the Hilton, then I guess you would be disappointed. but this is Vermont with all its charm. The room was clean, when the plug in the bathroom was not working a solution was made right away, the restaurant and free breakfast buffet was fantastic. The hot tub was nice, too cold for the pool which looked like it needed some cleaning and the lobby and staff were very nice. It was close to where I wanted to be. Plenty of games to play, bar seemed nice too. I bet it is a jumping place during ski season since it is at the bottom of MT Snow. Plus I received a Triple A discount. I would definitely go again.

Donna, Putnam, CT

• Liked — Everything Else
  • Disliked — Pool
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2008

We spent our fourth President's day weekend at Mount Snow this year.

This is also the 4th year we've stayed at the Lodge and Mount Snow and I just wanted to recommend it highly- it is a very pleasant, family-friendly place to stay. We go in a large group of 20 or more family members with kids ranging from 6-16.

The owner, Jim, couldn't be nicer or more accomodating. The rooms are not fancy but very clean and the prices are good. There is an indoor pool and two hot tubs.The best thing is that there is a large common room with a fireplace, a bar on one side and a pool table/pinball machines on the other. It is a great place to hang out apres ski, with the adults able to get a beer while the kids are right in the same room. There is entertainment nightly during the long holiday weekend and many locals also seem to hang out there.

Anyway- we plan to keep going back, but I just wanted to recommend the Lodge because we always have such a good time there!

Stayed February 2008
West Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2008

We stayed at the Lodge at Mount Snow over February vacation week in 2008. The year before we stayed at The Mountaineer, so we were constantly comparing the two. We had two moms and three boys aged 10, 13 and 14. Despite what we had read on this site, the noise level at this hotel was fine. We had two adjoining top floor rooms on the Route 100 side of the hotel. Only noise of any bother was from a bus idling in the parking lot at 7am one morning. We enjoyed our stay here, however everyone (except me) felt they preferred the Mountaineer. The Lodge rooms were bigger and more nicely updated and furnished than the ones at The Mountaineer; however the food and the outdoor pool/hot tub at The Mountaineer were much better. (The pool at the Lodge, which was one of the things that made us choose it this year, was not open the entire time we were there.) The Lodge offers a great pub with full bar, free hot hors d'oeuvres, and a full snack and dinner menu. All of this is offered in a large circular building that also contains the restaurant, hot tub (small) and exercise equipment (not used). There is a large fireplace, family friendly entertainment plus video games and a pool table. My fellow travelers preferred the quiet reading areas, common fireplaces, shared TVs and free pool table at the Mountaineer, because the kids felt they met more people under those conditions. Breakfast at the Lodge was fine, but get there early because it is buffet style and often we found it was closed earlier than advertised. (Mountaineer offers cook to order breakfast with waitress service.) Either way, I feel both are a great value for the money and very convenient to the mountain. p.s. This year was the best skiing at Mount Snow I had in 25 years. Love the new owners attention to conditions.

• Liked — The Pub
  • Disliked — Lack of an ATM and paying for the pool table.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Lodge at Mount Snow? Share your experiences!