“Not your "Romantic" Valentine's Day Weekend...” 1 of 5 stars

You added Austrian Haus Lodge to your Saves list
Austrian Haus Lodge
6 Abroad Rd, Route 100 N, West Dover, PO Box #335, Dover, VT 05356   |
Monroe, CT
“Not your "Romantic" Valentine's Day Weekend...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

Not at all what we expected...the floors in the hallway were wet...when we shut the door...we could still see out in the hallway. The floors were dirty, and the place was just out dated..... In the middle of the night...we heard BANGING and it must have been a herd of buffalo or a family moving in upstairs! It was very loud...the showers were very tiny....no alarm clock...no TV controller...If you are going to the mountain to ski then this is the perfect place for you! If you are going for a weekend getaway with romantical surroundings...eh? lol I felt like I was in the movie Hot Tub Time machine. The owners were awesome though, very nice, very comforting, we made the best out of the situation.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
ahaus, Owner at Austrian Haus Lodge, responded to this review, March 19, 2011
I'm sorry for their experience... I know about the 1st floor hallway problem, a curtain drain failed and there is no way to get that fixed until the spring. However , the rooms never got wet only a part of the 1st floor hallway. As for the family above them , I can't control the kids... but I could have asked them to quiet down if I had known. Also if there was no TV remote in the room , could have asked me at the desk, I keep extra's just in case. Are we a little outdated yes I'll take that , am I trying to update a little every year, yes. As for seeing the hallway when the door was closed... what room was that.... I'll definately take care of that 1st. We do vacuum and steam clean carpets ( as time warrents), however carpets sometimes get more dirt mashed into them do to ski boots and other footwear and do to back to back bookings so steam cleaning at that moment may not work as the carpet remains wet before the next person checks in, can't do it.
Anyway , sorry for any problems... and next time let me know whats up when you have a problem. I always try to work things out.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

The Austrian Haus Lodge is a great, affordable place to rest while skiing at Mount Snow. The innkeeper could not have been nicer and saw to our every need! He was very accommodating. The pool and sauna really help us to relax after a long day of skiing. Our entire group had a great time!

• Stayed March 2011
New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

The Austrian Haus was fantastic! Kayman? was a wonderful host as was his entire family. They answered all of our questions with care and concern. They recommended two excellent restaurants: Old Red Mill and the Silo. We received a 10% discount on our rentals, which was also recommended by Kayman, and we purchased the lift tickets through the Austrian Haus as well. The 'family room' was warm and friendly and the continental breakfast hit the spot every morning. The pool and sauna were big attractions for the chiildren and the price for the three nights was very reasonable!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
South Windsor, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

Affordable hotel and motel rates during ski season are hard to find in this area. The Austrian Haus Lodge is cheap compared to other places but you get what you pay for. The rooms are run down and need updating but are fairly clean. We just wanted a room to stay for the night and were not willing to pay a lot of money which is why we stayed here. The breakfast was okay but I wish the tables were cleaned off after the other guests. The hotel owners were nice but that alone doesn't make people come back. Next time we will try something else.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
ahaus, owner at Austrian Haus Lodge, responded to this review, April 9, 2010
As I stated on previous reviews, I update rooms as much as I can each year. I'm glad she said we are priced well, that the rooms were clean and that we were nice. Sorry about the tables at breakfast.
We strive to do the best we can for all our guests. I know some of the furnishings are getting older and I am replacing things as money comes available, the oldest mattresses in the building are now only 4 years old and the newest are only 1 month old. We try the best we can for our guests.
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

This hotel is affordable and the Inn keepers are very friendly and accommodating. The lounge with fireplace and indoor heated pool are great additions to a comfortable room to stay in after a day at Mount Snow, and a night out in town.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Horsham Pa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

The opportunity to travel to Mt Snow at the last minute made lodging possibilities limited. The Austrian Haus had a room open and I was leary due to the posts listed here. We found the service and ammentities to be very in line with the cost of the lodging and will return in the future. The room was comfortable and warm even though we experienced temps in the 2 to 10 degree range and very high winds. The mountain even shut down the lifts on Tuesday of the week due to winds and conditions. Hot water was good and the hosts were fantastic. It is not a four star hotel but for the money it is a good buy. I travel extensively and have learned all lodging is not created equal and you get what you pay for. I saw no other guests during my stay that seemed to be upset about anything with this lodging. We even extended our stay by one day and the owner bent over backwards adnusting reservation so we would not have to change rooms.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

For the money, this was a great place to stay. Only about a 5 minute ride to Mt. Snow. My friend and I stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed the lounge and pool very much. Management was very friendly and accommodating, and overall just nice people. Very convenient location (simple to get to) and breakfast was a plus.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Austrian Haus Lodge? Share your experiences!