“Billiards Room” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 28 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: At Dover Forge Restaurant, everything is made in-house and made-to-order. Our staff takes pride in serving a menu that's affordable, local, and always fresh. Join us for a great meal or have us cater your next event. From get-togethers to weddings, we offer full-service catering, on and off-site. Your table is waiting at Dover Forge Restaurant, where first we eat, then we play!
Wakefield, Massachusetts
“Billiards Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We enjoyed playing pool while wating for our dinner. The food was really good. They had a great band. it was a fun evening out.

Visited March 2014

“Fantastic food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

A local innkeeper suggested this place the night we came to Vermont. While one side had a bar and billiards, the other side had a dining room which is where we were seated. I was looking for something along the line of pub food so I was worried at first that this was a touch too fancy when we walked in. The price points were a little higher than I was planning to spend. However it seemed to be casual dining (no one dressed too fancy) and I'm so glad we stayed. The food was amazing and completely worth a slightly higher price. My husband and I got sirloin tips and maple BBQ boneless wings for appetizers. They were delicious! The service was good and the wine seemed to be popular (although I didn't have wine) but tried samples of a couple of local beers. Overall it was a pleasant experience and we would definitely come back!

Kinnelon, New Jersey
“Joanne B Mooney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Just had dinner and watched Super Bowl. Great food and beer selection - many to choose from. The oatmeal stout was my favorite! Wings were excellent and French dip delicious. Dessert was all home made - cream brûlée was outstanding! Our son won a skate board in a free raffle too! Good time was had by all even though Denver played horribly!

“Great Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Watched the Super Bowl with my family and we had a blast! Great wings awesome desserts! Kids had an awesome time and so did my wife and I. Great place!

Framingham, Massachusetts
“Decent food in the Deerfield Vally/W Dover”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went with a party of 8 to Dover Forge in West Dover VT for a New Year's Eve dinner. We had a 7:15 pm reservation and were told it might be a wait, which we were fine with. The beer and wine selection were good - I made a mistake and ordered a mixed drink (Peach something) from the bar - it was terrible, mostly punch - bartender appeared to be looking up the recipe! So, stick with the beer or wine. We ended up waiting over an hour for our (reserved) table, mostly because the party before us apparently wouldn't leave. This did not seem fair as we had made the reservation well in advance (weeks). When we were finally seated - we had a decent meal; the stack of fried green/yellow tomatoes (Appetizer) was awesome; salads were good. Lobster mac and cheese was rated excellent by those who ordered it; salmon was very good; my seafood ciappino had good seafood, but a bit tomato-y sauce. Otherwise ok. Bread was good - needed more! should have been slapped down on our table the minute we sat down after our long ordeal to get seated - we had to ask multiple times for the first batch. I recommend that this restaurant stop 2 seatings at New Year's (same problem last year) - just take reservations for any time since they seem to get backed up in the kitchen. Nice atmosphere and a fun place to go with friends. Back rooms are a bit nicer, quieter, and cozier than the front room.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Dover Forge Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Dover Forge Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.