“great inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Dover B&B and Inns
Branford
“great inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2009

Grat inn liked the fire place in the room. Room 13 is perfect.
Great location great breakfast the owners very nice

Stayed January 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

My husband and i have been to the Snow goose Inn 3 times now. Every aspect of the stay is fabulous!! Cyndee goes above and beyond to ensure everything is perfect. She remembers the room we love, remembers what we like to drink in the evening and what how my husband loves for breakfast. There simply is no better breakfast! the rooms are so comfortable and the fireplaces are prepared for those of us who are not boy scouts! She is right there to assist with dinner reservations, a massage and a sleigh ride for 2! We love this place so much and have thought it would be nice to bring our children, but no this is our special place to relax and be pampered!

• Liked — comfortable
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2009

We just returned from a great couple of days at the Snow Goose Inn. What can I say it's a great inn with a great owner and great food. We were made to feel like members of the family and like we were in our own home. From the easy preset fires to the nightly wine and cheese (with great company from Cyndee the owner. Sorry Ron you were away) and the yummy breakfast everything was excellent. Make sure to try the chocolate chip pancakes; which we were told not many finish but we did :) Also the fresh baked bread and muffins were great! We will be back for sure!!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
new platz, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

We just returned from our second stay at the Snow Goose Inn where we started the New Year skiing. It was really cold at the slopes and coming back to a warm beautiful room with a great fireplace and an awesome jacuzzi was what our tired and freezing bodies needed. Wine and cheese before dinner gave us a chance to socialize with some of the other guests and share our experiences during the day. Cindy and Ron could not be more helpful and attentive, from helping us with dinner reservations, to giving us advice where to park the car in the morning to avoid walking with our ski gear. Having the lift tickets delivered to our room the night before helped us avoid a 45 minute wait at the ticket window as we found out the next day from some of the people we rode a chair with. Breakfast is wonderful and so much..., you will not need to eat until dinner if you eat it all!!! From the moment you go in if feels like a home away from home. The whole decor, ambiance and warmth is felt thoughtout the house. They really make your stay as pleasurable and relaxing as they can, and we both really appreciated that. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cincinnati,OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

Cyndee & Ron do a wonderful job to make you feel welcome in their warm and cozy Inn. The setting is perfect for winter in Vermont. Skiing, restaurants, and everything you need is very close. Breakfast is wonderful and the everyone goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Wine & cheese in the evening by the fire to wind down the day. Our two daughters had a great time and they are already asking when we can return...maybe we will try the summer for a change.

We have stayed at many Inns and the Snow Goose is one of the best !

Mike, Lisa, Megan(13), Hannah(11)
Cincinnati, Ohio

• Stayed December 2008
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

I happened upon this little inn after a long day of skiing. With nothing but the clothes on my back I checked in. Cyndee was so sweet and kind. She had a nice glass of wine waiting for me almost immediately. A cozy real wood fireplace and a jacuzzi tub soothed my aching body. She helped me find the best meal in town and set breakfast around when I wanted to get on the slopes. THE BREAKFAST WAS AMAZING!!! Eggs Benedict with a hint of lemon instead of hollandaise sauce. Incredible... Ron even helped clean my car since I had not brought any scraping tools. I travel for a living and it was one of the best overnight experiences I have ever had. My only regret: I didn't bring someone else to enjoy it with me.

• Liked — clean, upscale, great fireplace in room, location
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2008

My boyfriend and I happened upon this inn while driving around Vermont and we were so glad that we did. Cyndee and Ron were so welcoming and charming, the room was great, complete with a whirlpool tub and fireplace, and the homemade breakfast was an excellent touch. It's a wonderful, cozy getaway - we left very relaxed (and well-fed). I would definitely recommend the Snow Goose Inn!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Snow Goose Inn? Share your experiences!