“Great Inn Highly reccomended!” 5 of 5 stars

Snow Goose Inn
259 Route 100, Dover, VT 05356 (Formerly Shield Inn)   |
Ranked #1 of 15 Dover B&B and Inns
Westbrook, Connecticut
“Great Inn Highly reccomended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We just got back from our stay at The Snow Goose Inn. Words cant describe how great of an expierence my wife and I had. It was my birthday weekend and I wouldnt have wanteed to spend it any where else. Cyndee is THE BEST host that we have ever had. She was more than helpful with suggestions for things to do and places to eat. Her breakfest in the morning is second to none. The eveing wine and cheese that she provides is great it is nice to get to know the other people staying at the inn. Our room was GREAT with a real wood burning fireplace and an oversized jacuzzi tub both nice features after a day out in the cold. We have traveled to many differnt places and we have never felt more welcome then at The Snow Goose Inn. You will NOT be dissapointed with your expierence here we HIGHLY reccomend staying at this inn!! Thanks again cyndee.

Mike&shauna Panella
Connecticut

Room Tip: All rooms are good here but pick one with the real fire place
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival we realized we had visited is B&B nearly 15 years earlier. Although the decor may not have changes much,the hospitality is beyond compare! We enjoyed nightly wine and cheese by the fireplace, and great conversation with Cyndee, the owner, and many of the other guests (many of whom were return customers). Will definately return again!

• Stayed January 2012
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Like the reviews before this one, the star of the Snow Goose is Cyndee. We stayed in a large room with wood burning fireplace and large jacuzzi tub bathroom for 3 nights. Our booking was made via Living Social and included a visit to a local winery. Unfortunately the winery was closed during the days of our stay, but Cyndee compensated this for us with sincere apologies and a bottle of cabernet from the very same vineyard.

Cyndee and her staff do make you feel like family, and in a genuine way. Normally I shy away from social scenarios with any sense of immediate intimacy, but Cyndee has a way of making the close knit community of a B&B seem warm, inviting and natural. She truly loves what she does.

Mount Snow was less than 5 minutes up the road and that makes this a deal closer for our next ski trip, but I can't help thinking what a Summer evening on the outdoor decks must be like at the Snow Goose.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

So both of my kids live in West Dover VT and since they couldn't be home for Xmas, we went to see them. Did a TripAdvisor review of B&B's and chose the #1 rated, Snow Goose Inn.
These folks could not have been more accommodating. From the moment we arrived, they were there. I had loads of presents for the kids and didn't want to carry them up to the third floor..they found a great place for me to hide the presents. Met Cyndee that afternoon, and didn't want to ever leave! Cyndee is the most genuine, pleasant, interested person I've met in many years. She made us feel at home..in fact, told us to help ourselves to the use of her refrigerators, kitchen, dishes/glasses/etc, sodas, whatever.
Our room was great--the fireplace made it warm and cozy. The Inn is in a great location and is very charming. I agree with some other reviewers that it needs a little facelift, but that takes loads of cash and the ambiance and warmth made up for it.
Breakfast the next morning (and the two after that) were fabulous. Cyndee does all of the cooking. My daughter had off from work one morning and Cyndee invited her to join us for breakfast, which she did. (said it was the best meal she'd had in months!).
I wanted to celebrate Xmas with the kids, so Cyndee moved a table and made a place for the presents under one of the Inn Xmas trees. It worked out great and the kids were really happy to be there with us.
Wine & cheese and conversation every night at 5:30..fireplace in the dining room..quiet and romantic. Without a doubt we will be back, and I highly recommend the Snow Goose to anyone traveling to West Dover. Thanks Cyndee and Ron !!

Room Tip: We had room 10 which was away from the crowd..had explained that we weren't skiers and didn'...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Fort Drum, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

This inn is so charming, so inviting, and couldn't be cozier. My husband and I stayed there for three nights around Christmas this year and enjoyed every minute of our stay. The room was cozy and the in-room jacuzzi was the perfect ticket for the end of each chilly day. Every morning we had a DELICIOUS breakfast, really, I can't say enough about the great food. Everything was cooked to order, made with fresh ingredients, and served by the nicest people. Cyndee, the innkeeper, is so friendly and welcoming. She knows everything about the area and is full of suggestions for things to do and see. Oh! And the afternoon wine and cheese, that is great in itself, but add to that the interesting conversations with the other guests and Cyndee herself, and you just can't get any better of an afternoon. We will definitely be coming back to visit!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicopee, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

My stay at the Snow Goose Inn was comfortable and charming. I arrived late and found the room key and a welcome letter waiting for me. My room, the Mountain Meadow, was super clean, and well stocked with supplies, towels and a very comfy bed. There was plenty of heat, light and a rocking chair - I felt like Eliza Doolittle. The nicest surprise was the balcony off my room where I enjoyed wishing on the Christmas stars.

After a peaceful might's sleep, I enjoyed a hearty country breakfast, prepared just for me by Cyndee herself. She is the quintisessential Hostess.

The Snow Goose Inn is lovely to look at, friendly and Cyndee cannot do enough to make your stay a home away from home. What's better than that?

Five stars for sure. Stay here. Thank you Cyndee and Ron.

Joy Chapin

Room Tip: My 2nd floor room was just perfect.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

My boyfriend and I had an absolutely wonderful time at the Snow Goose Inn! Cyndee, the innkeeper, is an absolute sweetheart and an AMAZING chef! The blueberry muffins were so delicious that I had to take an extra one. It was my first bed&breakfast experience and it was just so wonderful. I loved sleeping to the sounds and warmth of the crackling fire every night. As soon as we got in the car to head back home, we immediately said "Yeah...we're coming back here".

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Snow Goose Inn? Share your experiences!