“A-MA-ZING!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“A-MA-ZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Every meals we ordered was simply incredible, every bites were an explosion of flavours! If you are a foodie you HAVE to go there! Also, the service was perfect. Definitely a top recommandation!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Saint Albans, Vermont
“Do you have to be 'somebody'?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Wed Aug 21: Have been here many times. The food is always special. And this was a special occasion. Not all tables are created equal. So I had requested a certain one (the Pit) when I made my reservations. Because it is comfortable for 6 or more. (we had 7)
My choice was also noted the day before when they called to confirm.
When we arrived I could see that the table was already taken (first seating of the day).
I pointed this out to the person handling seating and I said "I guess a mistake was made".
She said " Yup, I guess so but your food will taste the same." That was all.
Mistakes are made and even if it was so they could sit more people in that area ($$$) or it was "somebody" they had seated at my table (which appeared more likely than a mistake), an apology should have been offered.
And I would expect that when the Maitre' D showed up they would come over and offer an apology at least. And maybe even a free taste or something.
But no, none of that.
Food and table service was great, but maybe if we were somebody we would have gotten the table we reserved or a "sorry".
Bottom line: would be 4 or 5 stars without the "Tude"

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing Experience in the Heart of Vermont”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Tucked away in Waterbury, Vermonr, this restaurant is routinely rated one of the top in the nation. A truly farm to table experience, the dishes here are innovative, fresh and delicious. My wife and I have been here around 4 times in the past 3 years and each meal has been different and sensational. My favorites include fried oysters (done differently each time we have been there), variations on locally caught fish and local beef dishes. The cheese plate options are numerous and also local. Desserts are creative and the wine selection is extensive. Our this visit, we had the Hen of the Wood Pinot noir which comes from the Anne Amie vineyards in the Willamette Valley.

The servers know the menu cold (even though it changes everyday). It is clear this restaurant has daily meetings and samplings on their menu to ensure their staff can properly describe the food items to the patrons. Servers are also knowledgeable on the wine and can easily recommend pairings that truly work. Pricing is in line with this type of restaurant.

All in all, Hen of the Wood has it all which is evidenced by the fact that reservations are scarcely available. If you have the chance to go, do not hesitate.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Potomac, Maryland
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is probably the best restaurant in Waterbury and surrounding towns. The food is thoughtfully, artfully and deliciously prepared. The ambiance is quaint and lovely --- lively but easily able to have a conversation over dinner. Don't miss this special restaurant!

Visited August 2013
Cresskill, NJ
“Exquisite, unique, picturesque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

In a grist mill, on a waterfall! Unique combinations of locally available veg, cheese, etc. Goat cheese gnocchi surprising and yummy. Small plates light and very very creative. MUCH better than most fare in northern NJ, for sure. Try the pot de chocolat!

Visited August 2013