“Great BBQ.. very nice venue; close access off interstate” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in Waterbury, the food and beverage crossroads, we feature New England's largest & best curated selection of craft beer, proper cocktails, eclectic wines with a full menu featuring barbecue, vegetarian and cozy American fare.
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Great BBQ.. very nice venue; close access off interstate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

stopped for lunch on route across the state
had bbq sandwiches
excellent quality
clean, friendly venue
pricing a bit high
we enjoyed our visit and recommend for you

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Pleasant atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here with friends. The staff were very good.
We all enjoyed our meal. I can't comment on beer as I was driving!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Coventry
“Pro pig - pro choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We popped in to The Pig for some much needed food and weren't disappointed. Chose the Pro Pig burger. Quite simply one if the greatest pork burgers I've ever had. Lovely venue, great list of beers, attentive and charming staff.

Couldn't recommend it more

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burlington, Vermont
“Fantastic Food and even better beer selection!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Had lunch here and the burger was honestly the best one I think I have ever had (it was the Dirty South). It also has an incredible beer selection. If you do not order a Hill Farmstead beer while you are here you are crazy!!

• Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great beers, good food - prices and portions need slight adjustment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I went here twice (once for dinner and once for beer/snack) during a weekend getaway to Waterbury

They have a great beer list of 23 craft beers and good prohibition style cocktails. They often have Heady Topper on tap which may be one of the only places you can get it on draft besides the brewery.

I like the overall atmosphere of the place but they don't have one TV. Even at the bar

Food: I found to be very good but portions could be a little larger.

Starters: We shared the Panko Fried Pimento Cheese w/ pepper jam - these were delicious. I think there were 6 golf ball size portions but I could of eaten all of them and then some give the chance

Salad - We shared the Beet Duo salad. Roasted red and gold beets, arugula, toasted hazelnuts, crème fraiche with heab vinaigrette. Very tasty but a pretty small portion for $8. It would be a good size for one person but pretty small for two. However, with an app and a salad plus main course it was about right. Just a little high in price for what it is.

Main: I have the Sliced Beef Brisket sandwich (Bacon BBQ sauce, fried onion strings). Tasted good but was pretty small. In between slider size and normal burger bun size. My brisket seemed like ends more than slices. Overall, tasty but not the best BBQ I have had.

I got a side of caramelized brussel sprouts ($4) were good but not many of them. Not worth the $4, instead sandwiches should come with a side.

Wife had the Mushroom Sandwich - Portobello, oil poached potatoes, arugula, roasted garlic aioli, cheddar, pickled onion. This came on a French style roll and was a good size. This sandwich was excellent. Great flavors that went well together.

We did not have dessert

We did have a Sazerac too for a cocktail. Very well made for a cocktail that isn't always made correctly

When wanted a snack on our second day we stopped in for some Duck Fat Fries. Very good fries but too many little pieces. Not as good as the ones in Portland Maine at a place called Duck Fat. They were still tasty though and probably better than a lot of fries out there.

So overall I have trouble rating this place. Great beer selection, nice atmosphere, good service, and the food was good. However, some things were priced about right but things like salads and sides were priced too high as well as portions could be slightly bigger.

So I am between 3.5 - 4 on this one. Next time in town I would return again...at the very least to get some Heady (or some other great craft beer) on tap.

• 4 of 5 stars Food