“If you love Heady” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 8 Attractions in Waterbury
Type: Breweries, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: The Alchemist Brewery is our new 15 barrel, small production brewery specializing in fresh, unfiltered IPAs. We are currently focused on brewing one beer perfectly: Heady Topper, our flagship Double IPA.
nj
79 attraction reviews
“If you love Heady”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Of course we do, so it was well worth the stop to buy more. However it would be nice if they start creating other excellent beers.

Visited October 2013

Rehoboth, Massachusetts
11 attraction reviews
“A fun place to tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband could not wait to taste this beer and visit the Brewery and we were not disappointed. Friendly staff, a good hoppy beer, the only make one kind but do it well. You can buy a limited amount of the beer, but bring a cooler, it needs to stay cold.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing Beer - Worth the Wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The first time I went to the brewery they were out of cans to sell, but the employees were very friendly and knowledgeable. They gave us some samples of the beer and invited us to stay and enjoy it. The second time I went it was a holiday weekend, getting there only 15 minutes after they opened I had to wait in line for an hour to purchase a case. They sold out quickly after I left.

The brewery itself was not memorable but the wait was worth it as the beer is one of the best I've ever tried, and guaranteed fresh. It was also a bonus that it was right next to Ben & Jerry's.

Visited August 2013
Illinois, United States
15 attraction reviews
“Must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Fun stop in Vermont. I'm not much of a beer drinker and I loved it. My husband was very excited about the stop!! It's the holy grail of beers for him. We bought what we could drink in a few days but couldn't take much home because it needs to stay cold.

Definitely a must do!!

Montreal, Canada
14 attraction reviews
“Out of respect for the beer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My review is based mainly for this absolutely delicious double IPA brew. It is a religious experience. They give you a free 2oz sample, nice. The grounds are, meh. The innards are standard brewery fair, nothing over the top...slim pickens on promo items. A case of 24 wonderful cans will run you a little over $72.00, more than worth every last penny.

I would go, 30 minutes before opening time (on a standard day, earlier during any kind of holiday season), buy a case and jump over to Ben and Jerry's for a celebratory frozen treat.

Bring a cooler with ice, this stuff expires and should be respected.

Enjoy every last sip with a friend.

Visited September 2013

Been to The Alchemist Brewery? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Alchemist Brewery, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.