“Awesome place. Great drink specials. Lots...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Steakhouse, Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Vermont
“Awesome place. Great drink specials. Lots...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

Awesome place. Great drink specials. Lots of beer! Menu has something for everyone. Roasted beet salad hits the spot int hot summer weather.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Long Island NY
“Decent food in a dark place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

My boyfriend and I ended up eating here on a Monday night because so many places were closed. I ordered the half rack of ribs with mac and cheese and sweet potato fries, and he had the pulled pork sandwich. The ribs were okay. The barbecue sauce seemed like a jarred sauce, which tasted fine but was disappointing. The sweet potato fries were delicious, as was the mac and cheese. The mac and cheese was hot and gooey and very flavorful. My boyfriend didn't have strong feelings either way about his sandwich, but he also enjoyed some of my mac and cheese. It isn't traditional elbows, ours was the corkscrew pasta, but that doesn't matter to me so long as it tastes good. Service was fine, but nothing to speak about. Would have liked to have had extra napkins brought to me without having to ask, since I was eating ribs. Not a big deal, just noticed a lack of attention to detail.

The place itself is very dark. Not only is the lighting dim, but the walls and furniture are also very dark. Just something to note if you don't care for this type of atmosphere.

We were there early, so no crowds yet, so I'm not sure why we were seated directly in front of the air conditioner on a rainy evening. My fault for not asking to be moved, but my boyfriend, who had it blowing right on him, didn't want to be bothered.

Overall, the food was decent, a place to stop for a bite and a beer (my boyfriend had one, I don't drink beer).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best food in the area!! I've been there...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Best food in the area!! I've been there at least 10 times, if you haven't been since the new management took over, it's worth the trip, get the local beer sampler too if you're up for a drink

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vermont
“Taken By Take-Out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

I gave the Reservoir high praise nearly a year ago but, since then, I've noticed a decline in both the quality and value of the food I've been served... especially takeout.

I've dined at the Reservoir on at least a half-dozen occasions since last August; the last being takeout. For two, I ordered a regular burger, side of fries, 10-piece chicken wings and a Caesar salad. The total came to $25.00. The burger was over-cooked and smaller than a McDonald's Quarter Pounder. The fries were just okay. The wings were very good... and the nearly $6.00 salad (photo attached) was an absolute joke.

As the previous reviewer remarked; I plan on giving The Reservoir another shot but, for now, I'm loathe to recommend it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Louis
“BIg disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

I found Resevoir online and read the reviews. I was really excited about this place. The menu looked great. I went on a Sunday night. I am a business traveler so I was by myself. I pay particular attention to how restaurants treat single diners. In my experience that is the bedrock of the service experience at a restaurant. The places that do it well are some of my favorites. I ordered a glass of wine (after I asked for a wine list) and looked over the menu. I hadn't made up my mind so when the waitress came back with the wine, I just ordered a cup of their potato leek soup which is a regular menu item and said she could put that in while I picked an entre. It took FOREVER for the soup to come - so long I thought she had forgotten it - and there was almost nobody in the place. The soup had a drop of truffle oil on top which was a nice touch, but it seemed watery and otherwise bland. I dumped in the little bag of oyster crackers to give it some texture and add the little bit of salt that it needed. This made it passable. I thought I would try the duck when I looked at the menu on line but then the waitress told me about their specials, one of which was meatloaf stuffed with andouille sausage. That tripped my trigger so I ordered it. I asked for the 5 cheese mac and cheese (in its own little crock) and the carrots as side dishes.
Here is the report:
Meatloaf: tasted ok, but cold. Yes, cold. One of the inside slices was barely warm. I couldn't tell if it had ever been warm or if it just sat too long before it came out. I caught the attention of the bartender who popped over and I told her. She took the plate away. About five minutes later my waitress came back with my food and apologized. Verdict? Inside pieces fairly warm, outside pieces barely warm. I'm not sure what they did to it. Also, it was supposed to have sauce on it. It had none.
Mac and cheese was ok, but was shells rather than typical mac and cheese noodles and although it was hot enough to eat, it sure wasn't steaming. It had a thick layer of some kind of crumbs on top. That part of the dish was not hot either so my suspicion is that my plate just sat around for a while.
Carrots - ok, somewhat overcooked, not very hot either.
Took a long time to get a check, but I wasn't in a hurry - just a note to future diners.
Next time I'm in Waterbury I might try Resevoir again and give an update. But they're only going to get one more chance.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere