“Absolutely perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Barre Town, VT
“Absolutely perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have been here many times, went again last night, and it was so good, I felt obligated to write a review. The food is always amazing with all ingredients being fresh and of the highest quality; when you're really into food, you can just tell. They also literally have some of the best beers in the world on tap. Always very busy and the service is great considering how busy they are. I just noticed that someone wrote a review giving this place 1 star saying that they went there, the place was closed, and they thought the entrance was dangerous. All I can really say is, voyagerVermont must be one of those special people in this world that can find something to complain about anywhere with anything. I have two boys ages 4 and 5, and I have been taking them there since ages 2 and 3, in the summer and winter, and I have NEVER noticed any issue whatsoever with the entrance. I hope voyagerVermont reads this and realizes that the bulk of trip advisor users don't want to hear about your stupid little complaints, and we don't want to look up reviews that are lowered by someone like you who has never even set foot in the restaurant! Get a life! Read my reviews people, I call it like it is good or bad, and as a frequent traveler, I can tell you that this is one of the best restaurants that I have ever been to in this price range, and everything here is perfectly amazing inside and out! :-)

• Visited April 2014

Williamstown, Vermont
“Entrance Dangerous”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We had heard how good this restaurant was, so stopped by on a weekday passing through Waterbury, not realizing lunch was not served exc. on weekends, so can't comment on food, ambiance, etc. However, the shallow, tall steps leading up to the door were of very crumbling cement, with a metal support bar tacked onto left side of steps on building..not very handy for a right handed person.

I'm surprised this was not mentioned in any review, or that the state allows this very dangerous entrance to remain without repairing.

Visited March 2014
alkalinetrio, Owner at The Reservoir - Restaurant and Tap Room, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
We wanted to respond with your comments and let you know that the stairs are going to be addressed. The front of our building is in the state right of way and the state is going to be removing the stairs and replacing them as well as all the roads and sidewalks downtown. It was going to be next summer but now we are hearing later. It is a little bit out of our control, we are only one of 3 tenants in the building. Our landlord has promised a repair this summer to bridge the gap until the state totally rebuilds them. The repairs can only take place when the weather warms up a bit more. Thanks for the concerns and hopefully we can have a repair done for your next visit and we can be reviewed on our restaurant experience!
Connecticut
“Great food and tap selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I heard about this place from friends. We stopped here on our way up to Stowe Ski resort. The Reservoir is conveniently located just off the highway in the town of Waterbury. Parking can be easily found in the municipal lot down the street.

The place has a great atmosphere. Near the entrance is a replica of the leg lamp from "A Christmas Story". The front room is the dining area, and the back room is the bar area. In the back room, you'll find various ski run signs on the wall, a pool table, and a popcorn machine.

There is an excellent selection of beer on tap. Several brews have a 10% alcohol content but of course are served with smaller pours. For dinner, my friend had the fish and chips, and I had the fish tacos. Both meals were excellent.

Service and food were great. I'd recommend this establishment.

• Visited March 2014
Dubrovnik, Croatia
“Best food and Service in USA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

For this type of restaurant it is one of the best that I have been so far. Food was amazing and service above expectations. Our server Chelsea was very knowledgeable and friendly. Menu options are great and beer list is amazing. So many good local Vermont beers and other more popular ones. Both me and my girlfriend ate chilly soup and then we got two customized burgers. Would highly recommend it if you want to try something when in Vermont. Definitely going to come back to this place.

• Visited February 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Perfect choice; thanks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stopped in after a LONG drive to a wonderful dinner, excellent food, professional attentive service, great drinks, warm space & welcoming atmosphere. Excellent turkey burger! The Rez Dogs come with chili fries and were just too much in both quantity & spice for our 13 year old--should have gone with the chicken fingers & fries :) Staff was very nice about us just relaxing & sticking around a bit after dinner without feeling as though we needed to rush off. Thanks for a nice end to a long day!

Visited February 2014